PDA

View Full Version : Different hardness of WW

Charlie Two Tracks
11-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Has anyone tried to see if there is a difference in the hardness of different brands or sizes of WW's? I just found a truck tire store that no one had been to for getting WW. I got a full (5gal) pail for 10 bucks. There are a fair amount of large truck weights and they feel harder than the smaller car weights. They are not zinc. The owner had just taken 9 pails of weights to the junk yard. Just missed that one.

lwknight
11-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Basically most WWs today are about 3% SB and the old ones from days gone by could be up tp 9% or anthing in between.
I've never heard of anyone segregating by brand name thus far.

btrapr1
11-16-2010, 10:21 PM
still rerading and soaking up before I try to cast for my 35 Rem

what is
WWs today are about 3% SB

thanks

btrapr1
11-16-2010, 10:21 PM
still reading and soaking up before I try to cast for my 35 Rem

what is
WWs today are about 3% SB

thanks

JJC
11-19-2010, 04:07 AM
WW is wheel weight, SB is antimony, SN is tin, PB is lead. You will see these alot. I'm still soaking and learning too, Keep notes and references. John

Charlie Two Tracks
11-19-2010, 09:43 PM
Well, I melted some WW today. One batch was just very large truck WW and the other was normal WW from cars. There was absolutely no difference in the BHN of the two batches after 2 hrs. of cooling. I will check them in a week and see what they are. For some reason, I was thinking the larger WW might have a higher BHN. Oh well.