PDA

View Full Version : linebaugh seminar: who has been to one.

500bfrman
11-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Wondered who has been to one of these. Is it worth the 1500 mile drive? I am thinking of going to the one in June of 2011.

Whitworth
11-08-2010, 08:45 PM
I haven't been but have a number of friends and associates that have been to several and they all had a great time. This is where my .50 Alaskan posted 50-inches of penetration loaded with Buffalo Bore's 525 grain load.

Lloyd Smale
11-09-2010, 05:47 AM
been to two of them but the last couple years things seem to pop up to prevent me from returning. Its a good time to me. Probably the nicest thing is i get to see friends that i havent seen in a long while. If you havent been to cody its worth the trip just to see the museaum.

cottonstalk
11-09-2010, 09:22 AM
I attended one met some really nice folks,and some good shooters.Later I was able to visit with John at his home and do a little shooting.Also got to visit with Dustin, his son and was able to see the grizzly that was so heavily debated a few years ago.They are both super nice folks and willing to share their experience with people.

500bfrman
11-09-2010, 11:26 AM
ok I am really wanting to go now. I just talked to John Linebaugh for half an hour on the phone. so in the last week I talked to Jack Huntington and John Linebaugh. I was asking about prices, backlog, etc. A couple of the most interesting statements were : in regards to the differences in 475 brass and cut down 4570 brass some guys probably not knowing it are running loads into 90,000 psi. You can't load the new brass to the old 4570 brass specs. Also a most amazing quote to me : "I have stood in the shadow of Hamilton Bowen for years." They didn't do the penetration tests last year because nobody wanted to do it. the seminars have been dwindling in attendace. Well I am going to do everything I can to go. John Linebaugh is a class act. His back log was about a year for most guns.

bearcove
11-12-2010, 07:04 PM
Have not been but would like to. I'd bring stuff for pen tests.

500bfrman
11-12-2010, 10:25 PM
well I don't have anything "cool" to bring like other people. all my stuff is basic stock guns like 500bfr, 475 bfr, 500smith, 375RUM. Anyway two thirds of the people haven't been to one, but want to. hopefully the way will open up for people to start going. I am planning on going, going to spend like two weeks out there.

crabo
11-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Sounds like a good plan to make it the highlite of a trip, and not just the main reason.

500bfrman
11-12-2010, 11:12 PM
yeah there is no way I can take a 3000 mile trip for 3 days. but there looks like a lot of cool stuff out there to look at and do.

c.r.
11-13-2010, 12:38 AM
about two years ago, there was a seminar in Borger, TX. That is only ~8 .5 hrs from where i was living then. I passed on going. I'm kicking myself now. it'd be convenient if they would host another one.

carthage is ~18 hrs, and I think cody would be ~24 hrs.

i have every intent to make it to one............ and if i'm going to drive 18 hrs, i might as well spend another 6 on the road to make it to wyoming.

jwp475
11-13-2010, 10:08 PM
well I don't have anything "cool" to bring like other people. all my stuff is basic stock guns like 500bfr, 475 bfr, 500smith, 375RUM. Anyway two thirds of the people haven't been to one, but want to. hopefully the way will open up for people to start going. I am planning on going, going to spend like two weeks out there.

Take the guns and loads that you have and go, you will have a blast. I know that I did.

cottonstalk
11-14-2010, 09:10 AM
Take the guns and loads that you have and go, you will have a blast. I know that I did.

JWPs right you'll have a blast.Theres a gun museum in cody,that you can easily spend a day in,the Irma hotel,several stores that may be of intrest. Not an hours drive west is the east gate to Yellowstone,and there you can easily spend 3-5 days seeing stuff then head sw to Boise to see the Elmer Kieth museum,your right there's lots to see.

I am a lucky fellow as my wife and I traveled the west on our honeymoon.Washington,Idaho,Montana,and Wyoming.(shooting guns was also part of the honeymoon)Not many women I know would allow such.

freedom475
11-25-2010, 01:31 AM
I went and it was a Lot of fun... We mostly did a LOT or shooting and laughing... We didn't do the Penitration testing... but I guess that part of the reason was the weather (it was cold and rainy) the other reason was that there is very few rounds/loads that have not been tested... John can pretty much tell you how far your rounds will penitrate since he has done so many of the tests.

One major thing learned is that the WFN will NOT shoot very far,,lol

Lots of great guys there... and also the Ballistic Tech from Western Powders was there and showed some Very interesting pressure testing data and graphs.

fm2
01-04-2011, 03:45 PM
I've been to one in OKC. I had a lot of fun and learned a bunch. We didn't test as the weather was bad.

CLAYPOOL
12-10-2011, 01:49 AM
O.K. I 'll bite, "Whats the cost", and how many days or hours, etc....Thanks in advance...

Hickory
05-02-2013, 05:44 AM
WOW, 8 people who don't know who John Linebaugh is.
I wonder how many people on this site don't know who Elmer Keith is.

warboar_21
05-03-2013, 05:38 AM
WOW, 8 people who don't know who John Linebaugh is.

Isn't he the cartoon character that chased bubs bunny around? hahahahaha!

Hickory
05-03-2013, 10:29 AM
:violin:

Adam10mm
05-04-2013, 12:15 AM
That one's easy. It's Elmer Fudd's uncle.

(Yes I know who Elmer and Linebaugh are, for the record).

MtGun44
05-05-2013, 01:41 PM
Does this seminar still happen? When and where?

Bill

jmort
05-05-2013, 01:54 PM
"Does this seminar still happen? When and where?"

Nothing like urber-penetration and the Bone Box. Too Cool

Linebaugh Seminars and Big Bore Shoots for 2013

- May 17, 18, 19 -- Linebaugh Seminar and Big Bore Shoot, Canadian River Gun Club, Borger, Texas.

- - May 24, 25, 26 -- Linebaugh Seminar and Big Bore Shoot, Hancock County Gun Club, Carthage, Illinois.
(Contact Todd Corder 309-458-6464 - lalaland@adams.net)

- - June 13, 14, 15 -- Linebaugh Seminar and Big Bore Shoot, Cody, Wyoming. Contact John Linebaugh (307-645-3332

http://www.customsixguns.com/

alamogunr
02-20-2015, 04:27 PM
How did this end up in today's "Unread Posts" list??

Bullwolf
02-20-2015, 11:21 PM
How did this end up in today's "Unread Posts" list??

It happens because it's a poll.

When someone votes in the Poll, it pops the thread back up to the top. After someone votes, the forum looks at it as a new reply, or an unread post.

- Bullwolf

Seancass
02-27-2015, 09:14 AM
I wasn't the one that bumped this, but ive been and it was pretty awesome. Might do the one in IL this year.

alamogunr
02-27-2015, 10:07 AM
There was one held in Tennessee a few years ago that I thought I might attend. I contacted John Linebaugh for info and was given a name of the person at that location that could give me information. After about 4-5 phone calls that yielded nothing but an answering machine, I tried one more time. This time I apparently got his wife, who was less than supportive(to say the least) of her husband's involvement. I finally gave up.

I'm assuming that my experience was not the norm based on others reports. I would like to go but none are close enough to make it worthwhile.