PDA

View Full Version : Cabela's Digital Scale

dtalley
10-03-2006, 03:56 PM
I have discided to upgrade from my balance beam scale and I just ordered Cabela's XT1500 Digital Scale.

Has anyone had any experience with this scale? Am I wasting my money buying an $80.00 scale instead of a $140.00 Pact or other name brand??

Thanks for your imput.

R.M.
10-03-2006, 05:15 PM
If it's the same model as the one I have, the one single thing I have against it, is that it has an automatic shut-off. I would prefere that it stay on until I chose to shut it off.

dtalley
10-03-2006, 05:50 PM
I don't know how old yours is but the one I ordered had this under it.

"Operates on either a 9-volt battery or 110-volt AC with the included adapter. You can program the automatic-off feature to conserve battery life by shutting the scale down after a period of inactivity."

I don't know if that means you can turn the Auto-off feature completely off or not. I see where it would be bothersom if it shuts off after a short while and you are not ready for it to.

Ranch Dog
10-03-2006, 10:43 PM
I bought the earlier version of this scale and love it.

Bret4207
10-04-2006, 07:33 AM
No info on the Cabelas, but the Hornady goes for about the same $$ on sale and has gotten good reviews. I'd see how the warrantys compare.

dtalley
10-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Well it arrived Monday and after reading the short instructions and playing with it, I like it a lot. It is easy to use but you really have to be carefull with the wind. I mean just breathing on it can throw off the reading. I didn't realize it would be so sensitive but it isn't bad. Checked it a couple of times with my balance beam and it was right on. At this point I am thinking it was money well spent.:-D

mooman76
10-12-2006, 04:58 PM
I've had one for a couple years now and like it allot. Easy to use and accurate!

powderburnerr
10-12-2006, 10:28 PM
one of the best additions to a digital scale you can get is a soft pad to set it on .. stops vibration ,, a mouse pad is just about perfect....Dean

Ringer
10-20-2006, 04:01 PM
My son-Knothead-and I both have this model. I've used mine for BP loads for about two years now.I like it,having used it for weights from 42 to 550 gns.
I still use the RCBS 1010 beam to check my .45acp loads out of my Star progressive press. Regards,Ringer

Ringer
10-20-2006, 04:11 PM
I have mine set on a piece of 1" plate on my bench,with a piece of 1x4 pine on each side of it. The plate prevents minor temp changes, and the pine blocks air currents,also making a convenient place to rest your hand while using the powder trickler, which the pine puts at just the right height. Regards,Ringer