PDA

View Full Version : New .375 Win mould from LBT

omgb
10-02-2006, 11:59 PM
Guys, here is a photo of the bullets from my new LBT mould. IYR, I had trouble with the chamber (see photo) and needed a larger diameter driving band. Well, Veral cooked this one up. I asked for .380 and that's what I got, .380 in WW dead bang. The round chambers slightly snug but not so one has to force the lever. I expect this will solve most of my problems.

garandsrus
10-03-2006, 12:42 AM
OMGB,

How do the measurements fo this bullet compare to the Lee group buy mold? They look pretty similar. The group buy mold was specced at .384 and 258 gr.

It looks like you put a pretty heavy crimp on these also. Have you found that necessary with the .375? I don't crimp nearly as heavily, but I am mostly shooting 38-55 type loads.

Thanks,
John

omgb
10-03-2006, 01:23 AM
The crimp was just for testing the feed. In "real life" I use almost no crimp since the case is already packed to the max with RL7 bullet set back is nil. These drop from the mould at .380 with a variance of +/- .0005. Also, the gas check shank is extra long. Veral has a theory he swears by that the extra length of the GC increases accuracy by providing an area for barrel scrapings to move to. I don't know what to think about it but so far, the man has been dead on with the other 5 moulds of his I've had made. I ran these through a .380 die that Buckshot made up for me. They set the GC firmly in place and put the lube in the grooves without altering the bullet size. These bullets are exceptionally round too. Absolutely no burnished marks on the bullet after sizing.