PDA

View Full Version : GD first hunt

kbstenberg
11-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Well my luck with my GD wasn't the best for deer. But the other parts of nature kept her interested. She will remember the grey squirl that tried to get in our box blind, or the 2 hrs that the pileated WP's flew around our blind an laughed at her.
Hopefulley all this will make up for not seeing any Deer.
Kevin

JJC
11-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Time well spent

kbstenberg
11-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Well today went a lot better. Doe came in I looked over to her, sound asleep. She Finley got her gun out her window. I whispered to shoot whenever she had a good shot. I waited an waited whispered again. All the time i was following the deer in my scope. Finally she shot, the deer jumped an started to run. only went 75Y. Nice easy tracking, blood spraying out the 2 sides. We almost stepped on it.
Pictures to come later tonight
Kevin

kbstenberg
11-07-2010, 09:16 PM
After i posted the last entry I cut the deer up. I didn't want it hanging in 50deg. weather.
The daughter fixed steak for supper. She fixed 2/3 of one backstrap an both tenderloins. 3 GD's ( 12y , 10y , 8y) ate all the backstraps except 2 pieses. The oldest GD an I split the tenderloins. Wife an daughter had ?? chicken ??
Here is the Great Deer Slayer

82nd airborne
11-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Awsome! She looks happy enough. I just figured out what GD was.

EMC45
11-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Great write up! Gotta love the pink hunting pants! That's a Savage 99? What Caliber?

kbstenberg
11-08-2010, 06:30 PM
EMC45 its a 300 Sav.

Gee_Wizz01
11-08-2010, 11:24 PM
I cant wait for my Grandson to go hunting with me (he is only 9 months old). I remember the days I went hunting with my Dad and Grandpa. I still look fondly on the days I didn't see any deer, but I remember the squirrels, woodpeckers, armadillos, cardinals, coyotes and assorted wildlife. Most of all I remember the times I got to spend quiet hours with the two finest men I have ever known. I firmly believe one of the best things any of us can do is to take a child hunting. It will give you some quality time with a kid and further our sport and hobby.

G