PDA

View Full Version : Huber trigger clone

buck1
11-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Disclaimer...DO NOT TRY THIS. YOU COULD DIE OR KILL SOMEONE .

As stated earlier I picked up a Mosin nagant 91/30. I hated the trigger. I looked at the huber triggers for 80$. Then I thought I could make one. I took my origanal trigger and drilled down at a angle behind the bolt catch. Then I tapped it for 8/32. Then i got a small 8/32 set screw and a small hardened ball bearring. I put it together with locktight and could adjust it by removing the bolt before it dryed.
First I adjusted it to perfection but the bolt end could be lifted and it would fire. so I kept backing it off untill I had a slight ammount of creep and the bolt lift and drop tests and hammer hits would not fire it.
I let it dry and retested it. Nothing but squeezing the trigger would fire it and the trigger wasnt bad at all. Not match grade but it wasnt bad.
I then took it apart again and staked the screw with a punch and retested it again. It held the adjustment fine
Its not match grade but I feel its as good as a Huber would be and insted of $80 I paid less than $1.00 and a bit of time. I did do a bit of stoneing and polishing. Its still fairly stiff but its a pretty clean break, and wont fire with out the trigger being pulled.....Buck