½>3/4 tea. Crushed red pepper
¾ tea. Fennel seed, crushed
¼ tea. Black pepper
1/4tea. Ground cloves
¼ tea. Ground ginger
1 tbl. Olive oil
2 tbl. Cornstarch
2 tbl. Water

Cut meat into 2 in. cubes. Combine garlic, 2 tbl. Soy sauce and 1 tea. Sugar in large bowl; stir in meat until well coated. Let stand 15 minutes. Meanwhile, combine 1 cup. water, remaining 2 tbl. soy sauce, 2 tea. Sugar, red pepper, fennel, black pepper, cloves and ginger; set aside. Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Brown meat. Stir in soy sauce mixture. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 2 hours , or until meat is very tender. Combine cornstarch with 2 tbl. Water; stir into meat mixture. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens. Serve over rice.

Denver
05-19-2005, 03:51 PM
Great! I'm outta venison, the freezer's bare. my mouth's waterin' , it's only May and you come up with a great soundin' recipe for venison stew. So what am I to do, go lookin" for a fresh road kill ??

wcshooter
05-20-2005, 01:11 AM
Try using lean beef. Ain't as good but it'l work. You could beg your buddies for some venison then invite 'em over. Just have your favorite beverage on hand. This is a spicy stew and some will want to drink something to put out the fire.

Pb head
05-24-2005, 05:46 PM
Enjoyed some yesterday for supper. Next time I'll double the recipe, Ran out too quick for two people that have my appetite. Also need more red pepper for me, I love heat. All in all damn good eating, thanks.

Pb head

tracker
06-05-2005, 12:34 PM
Thanks
I'll add that one to my homemade cookbook and give it a try with Beef. I'm out of venison now. Some day I am going to get around to buying Jim Zumbo's cook books. I did get a cookbook from Outdoor life some time ago and It's a good one.

Tracker