PDA

View Full Version : BTSNIPER, .416 test bullets

Hardcast416taylor
11-05-2010, 12:21 PM
I just sent the results of test swaged jacketed 300 gr. bullets in .416 cal. that were sent me by BTSNIPER back to him for evaluation. The jacket material is .40 S&W cases with the rim slightly thinned and reduced. The contour is semi-spitzer round nosed. I loaded the test bullets in my .416 Taylor over 70 gr. Reloader - 15 powder with Fed. 215 mag. match primers in new formed Winchester brass. At 100 yds. the bullets grouped in a 1 3/4" 3 shot center of target group! No signs of pressure with this load, probably could have gone 2 gr. or more in case - velocity with Barnes 300 X bullets is about 2450 fps - wish I`d measured this combo load! Not bad for not working up the load, the load is a known that I use with Barnes X - bullets. I fired a round into an expansion trough 6 ft. long and packed with wet newspaper and cardboard. The trough jumped about 4" off the sawhorses at impact. After penertrating the 2x10 face board it continued on for a full 24" and weighed 246 gr. from a 298 gr. start. Remember this shot was from 100 yds. back! I drew first blood with these bullets on a raccoon from 16 ft. away, I think I killed him, or what used to be a raccoon?
Had to let the site know about these fine creations. Thanks Brian.Robert

frank505
11-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Gosh thanks for sending me some Robert. I wanna shoot some!! I wanna shoot something with them!! wah wah wah