PDA

View Full Version : Garage Sale Find

RANGER RICK
10-01-2006, 01:23 PM
Well I think I might of made a good deal at this garage sale I went too ??
This is what I bought
2 RCBS handles -new in boxes
4 Lyman single cavity handles
8 RCBS sizer dies
24 top punches
Lyman 450 lube sizer
1 stick of Lyman lube from Cabelas marked .45 cents
1 jar filled with new mold screws to hold handles for various lengths
2 molds double cavity new in boxes

All for $50.00 !!!!!!!!
I might of been robbed ??????

ron brooks
10-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Good deal. Now that is a good find. I keep looking, but not finding. You have given me hope though.

Congratulations.

Say, what caliber were the molds?

imashooter2
10-01-2006, 04:03 PM
We have a borough wide yard sale here every September. Probably 3/4 of the houses in the borough set up a display. Year after year, I'm the only table in town selling anything shooting related. In fact, I've never seen a shooting related item in any yard sale I've ever been to. Damned city living. :(

Good to see somebody making out though. Congrats on the good haul!

sundog
10-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Imashooter2, but do you SELL any of it? sundog

imashooter2
10-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Imashooter2, but do you SELL any of it? sundog

I've sold a bit of gear over the years. Scopes, magazines, that sort of thing. No reloading equipment though.

Hard to believe I'm the only reloader in town...

Jack Stanley
10-01-2006, 09:31 PM
It's great to hear somebody got a good deal , congrats !!!:drinks:

Jack

RayinNH
10-01-2006, 10:34 PM
Ranger Rick, good haul. The only yard sale I went to and found shooting related stuff was about eight years ago. An ex-skeet shooters was cleaning out his garage and put out a keg of Red Dot powder when Hercules used to put it in 12 pound steel kegs. The keg still had 11 pounds in it. The guy told me he needed to get four bucks for it. I drove away before he could read my license plate number. I still have 100 rounds of .45 Colt left and then it's all gone...Ray

Newtire
10-24-2006, 12:14 AM
Ranger Rick, good haul. The only yard sale I went to and found shooting related stuff was about eight years ago. An ex-skeet shooters was cleaning out his garage and put out a keg of Red Dot powder when Hercules used to put it in 12 pound steel kegs. The keg still had 11 pounds in it. The guy told me he needed to get four bucks for it. I drove away before he could read my license plate number. I still have 100 rounds of .45 Colt left and then it's all gone...Ray

Got my reloading stuff to graduate myself out of the Lee hand-pounder sets I had prior to that. A guy I work with also sold weekends at a flea mkt. I got a box of stuff including a Lyman 450 with 3- sizer dies 3-2-cavity moulds, and 2-4-cavity moulds with handles, a Lyman Turret press, a bunch of reloading dies and a Mec 600 Jr. for 160.00. I wore out the Mec 600 and picked up another one up at a Lake Tahoe garage sale with all the trimmings (adjustable charge bar etc.) and two holsters and a .22 pistol belt for $40.00. Saw the handle sticking out of a box on the way past. OK is fun to brag. Also got a Lyman 429 244 mold for $10.00 at a yard sale where the guy was trying to sell a bag of shotgun wads for $15.00. People just don't have a clue.

Four Fingers of Death
10-24-2006, 06:30 AM
I went to a garage sale on the weekend, they had a fire appliance on sale! No moulds or guns though. Mick.

arkypete
10-24-2006, 08:24 AM
Ranger Rick
Sounds like some great finds.
I've try to encourage my shooting club to have flea market once a year on a Saturday or Sunday. Advertize it, spred the word and off load some of the junk littering the loading bench. I've got die sets and parts of die sets that came with part of a deal, cartridge cases, bullets, molds, parts of molds that could do some else some good and I could use some of thier money or junk.
Jim

Ringer
10-24-2006, 09:57 AM
I went to a neighborhood moving sale a couple years ago, and asked if the owner had any old firearms for sale. He said he had a daisy .22cal rifle that had never been fired cause it needed the services of a gunsmith. Thinking it was an airgun, I asked to see it. Turned out it is a new in the box Daisy Legend with the tag still on the triggerguard. It is a bolt gun that uses a magazine like the Ruger. I bought it for $100.00, took it home and after much messing around, tapped the bolt from the muzzle end with a cleaning rod,and it came free. It was stuck fast with varnish that had formed from the lube on the bolt. Since then I always ask if there are any firearms for sale. Ringer

versifier
10-24-2006, 10:58 AM
Ranger Rick
Sounds like some great finds.
I've try to encourage my shooting club to have flea market once a year on a Saturday or Sunday. Advertize it, spred the word and off load some of the junk littering the loading bench. I've got die sets and parts of die sets that came with part of a deal, cartridge cases, bullets, molds, parts of molds that could do some else some good and I could use some of thier money or junk.
Jim

There's a lot of that kind of stuff that folks here would be interested in, too. Whatcha got for dies and moulds you don't need? PM me if you like or post a list under Swapping & Selling.

Swagerman
10-24-2006, 01:24 PM
The area I live in is as dead as can be for finding any reloading goodies at a garage sale.

Though about 5 years ago I came across one that had a set of 310 dies in 6.5 Jap caliber. :drinks: But I passed on them. :???:

Jim