PDA

View Full Version : Star air cylinder hose

plaz
11-02-2010, 01:23 AM
I want to buy a hose about 4-5 feet long to use with a Star air cylinder system. What is the identification of the hose size that I need and where can I buy it?

No_1
11-02-2010, 05:25 AM
You do not need much in the way of hose ID, maybe 1/4" because the volume is not needed. The fittings on mine are 1/8"NPT (1/8" pipe thread).

Robert

plaz
11-02-2010, 06:08 AM
You do not need much in the way of hose ID, maybe 1/4" because the volume is not needed. The fittings on mine are 1/8"NPT (1/8" pipe thread).

Robert

What stores sells these hoses? I am new at this please forgive the stupid question?

dragonrider
11-02-2010, 09:33 AM
An auto parts store may have some, if not you may have to find a place that sells industrial supplies.

cheese1566
11-02-2010, 09:51 AM
I use the thin yellow plastic coil 1/4" OD hose. These coil up and store out of the way. Use some air hose quick connects to take it on/off. They come in 25', 50', 100' lengths with simple insert pipe thread fittings on the ends. You can easily cut them down and re-insert the fittings to make custom lengths. I find mine get pin holes in them from time to time and they are and easy fix this way.

You can find these at hardware stores, home improvements, and maybe Walmart.

cajun shooter
11-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Any auto parts store sells air hose. Don't buy the cheap Plastic one from Wally World. Go to Lowes or Home Depot to the air tool dept. and buy what they have. You don't use any air with the Star. Just the pressure. You may lube bullets for months with just one filling of a air tank. No compressor in your home.