PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Here Have Any Experience With the Quick Measure Powder Measure?

Kevin Rohrer
11-01-2010, 08:24 PM
I was having a problem measuring stick powder using a drum-type powder measure and asked for recommendations on a replacement. The only one I am interested in buying is one I have also never heard of before: the Quick Measure.

http://www.quick-measure.com/qm.htm

One member here has used it and likes how it works. I am wondering if anyone else here owns one and can tell me if he had any problems with it.

.30/30 Guy
11-01-2010, 09:37 PM
I use a Quick Measure for stick powder. I am very satisfied with mine. They sure are smooth. I like my Quick Measure much more than my Bedding & Mull.

Pepe Ray
11-01-2010, 11:09 PM
The ONLY Real, Practical difference from the Belding & Mull is that you can use it with one hand.
I'm sure it's a great measure. I've tried so many that I've become convinced that there is no way to improve on the various measures available to us today.
The nature of the powder it self is limiting. Once I find the load I consider ideal for my purposes, I can use dippers, but I find dispensers more convenient than dippers, just more expensive.
Pepe Ray

noylj
11-02-2010, 01:02 AM
Are you going to trust it or measure every charge any way?
Have you actually measured the charges from a normal measure, determined the variation, and then shot them to determine if the variation actually affected the results on target? You may be very surprised on the lack of affect it will have.
If you can actually convince yourself to trust it (some want perfection so badly that they NEVER trust the measure), then buy it. If not, just keep using a trickier. That way you know that you have personally inspected every charge.
I know it is just me, but I think that it must be hard to live always trying to achieve perfection and never testing for exactly what variables actually have an effect. I would rather spend time measuring run-out then waste time deburring flash holes and reaming primer pockets, since I have proven to myself that one does have an affect on target and the others don't.
Then there are people who want shiny brass so badly that they add waxes that contain abrasives.
I am amazed that some people can find the time to actually shoot, given all the time they spend (I hope, happily) on their reloading.
Don't assume, but test the variables to determine which ones actually make a difference to you and your guns.
Never assume. Be safe. Have fun.