PDA

View Full Version : Off Line

Kragman71
10-31-2010, 06:10 PM
Hello
Today, bought a new computer.
Tomorrow,with help,I will switch computers.
I have no idea how long it will take.
The drawer to my downloaded disc is stuck.
I can't save any data toa disc,until I get it to work.
Keep tuned
Frank

oldhickory
10-31-2010, 06:17 PM
I'm not too computer smart, but there's a little tiny hole right beside the button you press to open these things, work a paper clip into that hole and it should unlock and open for you.

Good luck.

fryboy
10-31-2010, 06:26 PM
if ur puter is still accessible try opening the "my computer" tab and from there it should say which drives are which , right click the disc drive and it should pull up a sub-menu select "eject" usually works ...the blunt paper clip does if needed as well and hint it's straight in for about 1/4 -3/8 of a inch , g'luck amigo

Three-Fifty-Seven
10-31-2010, 06:31 PM
Sounds like your retractable coffee mug holder is stuck . . . did you spill coffee in it?:kidding:

DIRT Farmer
10-31-2010, 08:17 PM
OK what do you do if pieces of a CD came flying out the door and now it won't open. I tried the above, Green led flashes it goes rurrrr 3 times and the green led flashes . still don't open

fryboy
10-31-2010, 10:09 PM
OK what do you do if pieces of a CD came flying out the door and now it won't open. I tried the above, Green led flashes it goes rurrrr 3 times and the green led flashes . still don't open

u ever taken the side panel off ?( note- this is for a desk top not a lap top ) hope so if not it's time to learn ...properly done is is really easy so dont freak out yet , what ur going to do is turn off the power , then unplug it , after u unplug it push the on button several times , this kills the residual energy ( and also clears the ram memory but that isnt important ATM ) then open the case , i dont know what kind of puter u have but they are usually fairly easy , my last two dont even need a screwdriver for this btw ,anyways once open u should see "racks" one should be holding at least one hard drive , the other ur disc and possibly another disc ( floppy or cd/rw or whatever , at the back of the problem disc is at least two sets of wires ( possibly 3 if one goes to a sound card ) if u can reach these unplug them if not u have to pull the disc out a bit to get to them , then the disc is either held in with screws or plastic clips ( like my last two ) my older one i have to remove the face on but not my new one , after the screws or clips it should just slide out , once out turn the thing upside down and try the paper clip trick should come open a bit or all the way , if not shake it upside down a couple times and try again , i had to disassemble the case once to get all the pieces out , once done either insert it or a new one and reassemble easy and breezy ! it may be wise to go to ur puter's manufacturer's web site and look up ur puter first, often they have foto's and instructions that can give more and concise details than i can , if it's a laptop most definitely do this as opening them is a lil more complex hope this helps and sorry i coudnt help more

DIRT Farmer
10-31-2010, 10:32 PM
Thanks, will try in the am. Braver after sleep. This is a compaq presario. The disc in question is the photo smart, was trying to re-install the program, the disc blew, I never imagined the thing would come out with enough force to sting.

I, at this time feel safer pulling the barrel off a bolt action and setting the headspace with scotch tape.

fryboy
10-31-2010, 10:42 PM
http://www.compaq.com/country/index.html