PDA

View Full Version : Learned something new today

Jal5
10-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Tried out some cast boolits from a friend, My 357 mag and his NOE 360180 GCHP over 12 gr. Alliant 2400. Wow that gun loves this load. At 25 yds. I am shooting 3 in the 3" bullseye and two more right outside of the bullseye, I will take that any day for hunting.

The other thing I tried out today, called Clear Target Sighting Disc, www.clear2target.com is a stickon cling to put on your eyeglasses sized a little smaller than a dime with a tiny hole in the middle. It forces your eye to focus on the front sight and makes the front sight amazingly clear for us older guys with bifocal/trifocal/progressive lens. I was skeptical but for $12 shipped for 8 of these things what the heck. It is a great product! The front sight picture completely clears up just as advertised. I am shooting better than ever with these.

Joe

XWrench3
10-30-2010, 09:10 PM
Maybe i should try those, i might actually be able to see what i am shooting at. Sounds a lot cheaper than a scope, plus, i can still carry in my regular holster. Where do you get them?????

Jal5
10-30-2010, 09:35 PM
Online at clear2target.com
I am not affiliated in any way with this company, just a good product. I will wear it for deer hunting with open sights and for all my pistol shooting from now on. They peal off the backing page and you stick it back on for reusing it. :bigsmyl2:

Joe

chasw
10-31-2010, 09:44 AM
FYI, I recently bought a Merit adjustable attachment for my shooting glasses, for this purpose. It sticks on with a little suction cup. The iris is adjustable for size of the opening and swings out of the way when not in use. I find that optimum focus on the front sight requires a smaller opening for rifles than for pistols, due to the difference in distance from my eye to the sight blade. Accordingly, an adjustable iris is most useful. Cost is about $60, but the device will last a lifetime, I expect. - CW

mdi
10-31-2010, 11:33 AM
I went to the site and ordered some. I have been fighting fuzzy sights for about 5 years and have tried several things, most didn't work for me. The Merit system is good, but the suction cup sits on the edge of one of my trifocal lenses and doesn't get a good hold (falls off after a couple minutes). I've tried "One Ragged Hole" sights on my Ruger Blackhawk with some success, but not a lot. I even tried blue masking tape on my glasses with a small hole in it for an arpeture, much the same idea as Clear2target discs. Hope they work...

NVWalt
10-31-2010, 11:43 AM
I have used the Merrit and the stick on ones but ended up just getting s 1/16 inch paper punch and with a roll of blue tape I will never ever run out of those goodies. And it is cheap...Walt