PDA

View Full Version : Outside Neck Turners

sundog
09-29-2006, 11:12 AM
Which one(s) do y'all like? sundog

felix
09-29-2006, 11:27 AM
Very heavy duty ones, Corky. Must be the hand hold type so you can feel brass hardness (letting you know an anneal job is in the very near future). Go with the BR models. It is nice to have a micro adjustment for the cutter blade, so you can come back very close to the same cutting clearance for a re-run of the same cases for when they need to be a tad thinner. Without a micro dealie, it will take up to an hour (no BS) to get that close, plus destroying a few cases to get there. ... felix

Feeler gages don't work. ... felix

montana_charlie
09-29-2006, 10:14 PM
Very heavy duty ones,
felix,
Please mention the make and model of one or two units that you feel meet your description.
CM

Explorer1
09-30-2006, 12:54 AM
There are several, but I'd say look at Sinclair International's web site. They make their own units, I love mine after 12 years of use.

Felix is right about getting the microadjuster, it'll pay for itself in less frustration.

fourarmed
10-03-2006, 11:35 AM
I use the Forster, and it is OK, but I think the handheld ones get the nod from people who do very much neck turning. Sinclair is good, but there is a similar one that has two compound screws that make the adjustment much finer. The only catch is, I can't remember the name of it. Three initials, as I recall. Somebody on here knows.

mister gizmo
10-03-2006, 05:23 PM
Among the reloading supplies I'm "redistributing" from an estate there's a Sinclair 2000 Neck Turning device. Can't say if all the pieces are there, but it's available if anyone has interest. PM or email me and I'll send pictures.

fourarmed
10-03-2006, 06:38 PM
The neck turner I was trying to think of is the K&M.

mosin9130
10-04-2006, 03:50 AM
I have bought a Forster trimmer used but with many accessories. I use it to trim and thin the neck of 7.62 Tokarev brass reformed from 223 Rem. The case is too short (or the base too long) to use the cut-progress-controlling-weel but that isn't a problem.