PDA

View Full Version : Almost free kroil spray 2 x 13oz

MOUNTAIN MIKE
10-30-2010, 09:54 AM
Seeing alot lately about kroil oil in molds,although i have not tried it.

Saw the kanolabs.com site and there you can get 2 x 13 oz aerosol containers of kroil for 12.00 total-shipping included.

I ordered an offer but you had to type in "google " in offer code.

They called back to confirm order and said kroil was the #1 secret of gunsmiths.

Let me know,mountain mike

Rusty W
10-30-2010, 10:34 AM
I ordered the same thing about 3 weeks ago. It arrived in about a week and I've been using it on a few molds. I'll spray it on a mold in the morning before I go to work and in the evening when I get home I'll warm up the pot and start casting. I don't clean the mold, just start casting with it. It'll take a few pours but it'll burn right out. I've used it in a NOE mold and a Lyman 457122. It works great for me. The NOE I have to run HOT and had problems with HP's sticking, not any more. I haven't had a chance to try it on rusted bolts yet but I'll bet it'll work good for that too.

twotoescharlie
10-30-2010, 10:40 AM
buy it by the gallon,a lot cheaper and last forever.

TTC

mdi
10-30-2010, 11:40 AM
Great stuff! I use it for a bunch of different apps. I have a "soak" that is Mineral Spirits, Marvel's Mystery Oil, and Kroil. When I get home from shooting, I drop my guns in the soak and next day they are really easier to clean; some just need a dry patch and a wipe down...

10-30-2010, 09:23 PM
I have a mould that used to be very obstinate about releasing its boolits. Kroil fixed it. Since then, I've gone to lapping the cavities a bit. It's a permanent fix, whereas applying Kroil needs to be done each casting session.

Kroil will work itself below leading, also.

I spray the aerosol Kroil into a plastic bottle that has a hinged cap with a small hole in it...convenient for those liquid applications, rather than spray-on. Same-same WD-40.