PDA

View Full Version : Cast Boolit Catcher

Xcaliber
10-28-2010, 08:41 PM
Modified a weight bench here to recover my Cast boolits again for later use. It seems to work so far. The rubber tire slabs are material thrown away because of
defects in the re-thread process. This is before any kind of steel wire is used in them so it worked out good for me cause it makes it easier to cut the slab rubber to length. I fired .22 Rifle and a T/C .22 hornet @ it from 10 feet away and seems to hold up just fine. I can add more rubber if needed also. Have not tried any Factory ammo but I think it will hold up at greater distances also. The entry holes look like small pin holes , seems to seal itself. Anyways..thought I'd share this idea with you fellas here.

Molly
10-29-2010, 11:22 AM
Another way to do the job is to go down to the scrap yard and get about three feet of heavy channel or I-beam. Face it with some 1/4 to 3/8 inch plate, and stand it up at about a 45 to 60 degree angle in some sand. Works great, and if you blow a hole in the face, just replace the facing, or weld the hole back up.

Another version of the same thing requires slitting some heavy well casing, and standing the channel in the slit. Bullets slide down the face into the casing, and spin around until they drop. After a while, they stop spinning because of the accumulated flattened bullets.