PDA

View Full Version : Just rambling to ramble

Harter66
10-28-2010, 07:47 PM
Feeling old maybe too.

My middle son made it home from Iraq and Afganistan unscathed again. It was his 2nd tour,30 months of the last 49 were spent there,along with his 18th 19th and 21st birthdays.I'll have him home for Thanksgiving 1st time in 5 years.

My oldest daughter will ship out with the Pacific fleet on the Ronald Regan shortly after that.

My Dad killed his 35th mulie 2 weeks ago and damned if 2 years in a row I didn't just blow a standing broadside shot at well practiced/no hold over/put it where you want it and squeeze it off.

I crashed my motorcycle in a ditch ,that wash came outta the desert brush and was just there,I shoulda been duck hunting instead of riding with the kids. I broke my wrist ,and proved that helmet was worth every penny. The ER staff was quick to point out that a broken wrist beats shot every time.

We have a operation contract I have secure employment for 5 more years , now if I could just lose the cast and get back work.

I feel much better now , thanks guys. I will. In fact take the good with the bad and be on my way.

Doc Highwall
10-28-2010, 07:58 PM
I am glad your son made it home unscathed and THANK HIM and your DAUGHTER for their service.:bigsmyl2:

MtGun44
10-28-2010, 08:03 PM
Thank your kids for their service. Wish my nephew had made it back alive, very happy
for everyone that has a relative the gets back OK.

Bill

Three-Fifty-Seven
10-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Thank your kids for their service. Wish my nephew had made it back alive, very happy
for everyone that has a relative the gets back OK.

Bill

Amen!

My Momma use to driver a Rambler . . . and she would sing us the song that goes with it . . . beep - beep!

Lee
10-28-2010, 11:33 PM
Hey! That's a "Nash Rambler" please:kidding:

Harter66
10-28-2010, 11:54 PM
Did they ever get it out of 2nd gear?

I thank them every day.

Hickory
10-29-2010, 05:01 AM
I spilled my motorcycle about a week ago.
Turn on to a side road from the highway
and right into a mess of soybeans a farmer spilled.
Hurt my pride, broke the foot peg, and scrached the exhaust pipe.
Glad I always wear a helmet. Sure takes the new off of a bike.

runfiverun
10-29-2010, 12:17 PM
our rambler tried to skip 2nd gear.
and most of third too.
sounded cool though waaaaannkunkkk-unkkkh. hugga hugga.

Three-Fifty-Seven
10-29-2010, 12:50 PM
I've given up on bikes, too many close calls, they all seem to change me into a wildman, and I never seem to ride sedately down the road, always full throttle!

The song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1c4QZGQw5o

Use to like the Hot rod Lincoln too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDbON8udTPo&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Harter66
10-29-2010, 01:40 PM
I've got nearly 10k in the desert on this bike , its a big desert bike . I'm crediting the 12" of fork travel w saving my butt from worse damage.

With all the aches and the wrist cast I feel more like the Jag slid into the curve.

AZ-Stew
10-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Speaking of collisions...

Someone down here the other day (no, it wasn't me) was driving on a country road SE of Queen Creek, AZ, with his 4 yo son in the car. He was texting, not paying attention to anything, came to a grade crossing and drove into the side of a moving freight train. I guess he and the boy ar OK, but the emergency crews had to cut them out of the wrecked car. Expensive text message.

Regards,

Stew

10-29-2010, 08:17 PM
Pass along my "Welcome Home" to your son, all the best to your daughter. I thank them both.

Harter66
10-29-2010, 09:05 PM
Will do !

And like I needed more excitment , here I sit in a recovery waiting room . The youngest boy has decided that appenacitis is a cool way to spend the weekend.

When it rains it pours I guess. I've reached that point were I've just gotta laugh because it hurts to cry.

Shooter6br
10-29-2010, 09:13 PM
Son has a Triump Speed triple. He fell twice. Once a car pulled out from in front of a bus. he was ok . Second time turning a corner on gravel. Just broke the brake lever. he wears a helmit ,gloved and leather jacket. Bike is a money pit!

gon2shoot
10-29-2010, 09:20 PM
If you've got two kids serving thier country, ya done somthing right.
Rambling is allowed, along with a little chest thumping for the kids. If yer gonna crash a bike at your age, you're on yer own lol

Harter66
10-29-2010, 09:37 PM
Hey! I'm only 44! I should know better.

I don't brag much ,but, the whole family works on the ammo depot except the 2 that aren't of age and my tortured artist. The boy in Iraq said that his crews wanted him to send us a thanks too. He wanted to say thanks to all those before and those who keep the home fires burning.

Mumblypeg
10-29-2010, 09:40 PM
Because of things like that, I stopped riding anything that has less than 4 wheels... unless it has wings.

nicholst55
10-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Reminds me of the time I was tooling across the Saudi desert in a company Nissan Pathfinder, running about 80-100 KMH (50-60 MPH, roughly), and the floor of the desert suddenly dropped about 3 feet! Fortunately there were no injuries and negligible damage.

Thank your son and daughter for their service from this old sergeant, and hope your wrist heals up quickly and properly. I was injured last year a week before Christmas, and spent six months in a knee immobilizer following surgery. I was on crutches for 3 months, and walked with a cane for 3-4 more, so I feel your pain!

1Shirt
11-04-2010, 04:51 PM
This thread reminds me of the lettering on a pregnant ladies tee shirt that says______
"Poo Poo Occurs"
1Shirt!:coffeecom

redneckdan
11-04-2010, 05:10 PM
I've got nearly 10k in the desert on this bike , its a big desert bike . I'm crediting the 12" of fork travel w saving my butt from worse damage.

With all the aches and the wrist cast I feel more like the Jag slid into the curve.

XR 650R? or the CRF 400R?

Harter66
11-04-2010, 07:43 PM
XR650R ? The oldest boy at home has the CRF450R the youngest just got CRF150F.
Kinda weird the way you asked it was almost like "which 1 were you ?"