PDA

View Full Version : I'm spoiled by LBT

PacMan
10-28-2010, 01:48 PM
Been on a months vacation praticing for my retirnment Dec. 1st this year. The spoiling came as i set out to cast a bunch of bullets.
First let me say that i am sort of new to casting only been at it about eight months. Most everying that i have learned has been on this site and for that i thank all of you guys.
As a lot of guys i have spent a fair amout of coin on molds of diffrent makes.I am a long way from using all makes both custom and production makes that are out there.
I have used RCBS , Lyman , Saeco,Lee along with four other custom molds.
Out of the first three the RCBS was the best for me.
Out of the custom molds and the production the 5 LBT's are a real joy to use.
I can cast with 50 to 75 deg. less temp. and once the mold is at the right temp. can cast faster than any other mold that i have used and no problems over heating.The sprue almost falls off by itself. The sprue is so small that they will not drain your pot as quickly.
The oldest mold a .360 180 gr. has cast over 2500 bullets and i have only tightened the plate once. The others have 500 to 1000 cast and never tightened.

I cast straight WW and have found that all five of the molds cast 1 to 1 1/2 thousands over marked dia. which is good as far as i am concerned.Dont take this to the bank but i will say that if you do not size your bullets and use WW i would order with this in mind.

As stated above i am new to this so dont blast me to hard but i do know if Veral offers the design bullet that i want i will buy his molds in the future. I see two more in the not to distant future. ( need some money)

Dwight

Hickory
10-28-2010, 07:44 PM
I've been casting & shooting cast boolits for almost 40 years and
I learn something all the time on this site.
The only area I have not explored is paper-patching.
Maybe next year I'll try paper-patching for my 30-30.
I wish that this site and the internet existed back in the 70's.

Enjoy your retirement, live long and shoot a lot.[smilie=s:

451whitworth
10-29-2010, 12:16 PM
i like my LBT mould too. very user friendly and you can get the correct diameter.