PDA

View Full Version : Lock n Load die stand?

CiDirkona
10-27-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm looking at getting a Lock n Load AP, and was wondering if anyone else had a good method for storing the dies? Since they come out of the press with the bushing, is there a diameter hole I can drill into a shelf that will hold them?

Thanks!

mmorris
10-28-2010, 07:59 AM
1 1/8" works for me.

I also used conversion bushings to hold the powder measure stuff (one for each caliber). Hole size is more complicated to due to the threads on the bushings.

Mike

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
10-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Thanks Mike,

My yeeeeeeears old die rack has long since been out sized, but have just not come with the idea that rings my bell. So, every idea is a good one to put into the mix for future consideration.

I load both on the single stage and the LNL, so need to get a way to hold all the dies and or boxes.

Guess keeping the dies in boxes would keep then cleaner, but then?????????

Keep those ideas coming.

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Beekeeper
10-29-2010, 09:22 AM
Mike ,
You are entirely too clean there.
Do you even load on that bench or just use it for pictures?
Great picture by the way!
Wish I had the room to do something like that!

Jim

CiDirkona
10-29-2010, 12:05 PM
Thanks mmoris! A 1 1/8" drill bit is now in my collection. :D

I wish I knew I'd actually be getting a LNL about two weeks ago! I just bought a 1" bit to make stands for my 4-hole Lee turret heads, where I'm sure 1 1/8" would have worked just as well. Oh well, live and learn, and a 1" spade is always handy to have.

Now if I could just stop my unhealthy level of work ethic and craftsmanship on the job, I could actually make it home in time to actually INSTALL and USE the press. Ha!

noylj
10-30-2010, 02:47 PM
I keep them in labeled boxes. Nothing fancy.