PDA

View Full Version : Help required with Beretta S58s/BL4 trigger selector.

Cocon
10-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Hello,
I have a Beretta S58s (BL4 in the US) O/U shotgun dated about 1975, which had started to double discharge. When opened only one single wire spring was found to be be broken. When this was replaced, the recoil inertia block allowed for selection ok after setting it by hand. However there seems to be something missing as the inertia block sear does not reset automatically. I suspect that the gun has been examined and possibly something not put back. I can not see any evidence of a lug or hole to take a cam or something to reset the selector.I have some photos which are attached. I fitted new return spring(supplied with gun)I also checked that the mechanism is working and tried to see if a lever could be fitted from the top lever or the barrel locking lug. The inertia block sear has a 2.5mm pin on the side which shows wear on the side as if a small bush 5mm Dia. has been employed in some way to set this sear. I made a lever to set the inertia sear wich is moved inbetween the tumblers and is controlled by the angle of the machined sides of the top and bottom strikers.
This had me stumped, allthough the answer was reached with a vague description from the UK beretta importers gunsmith.My email : c.ocon@btinternet.com

Best regards to you all,
Chris