PDA

View Full Version : stick on wheel weights ????

skimmerhead
10-25-2010, 10:50 AM
i have been sorting the stick on's to smelt seperate from my wheel weights. when i had enough for a batch i smelted them and poured into ingot's. a couple weeks ago i mixed some with my ww's to get a softer bhn. well to my suprise they tested the same as my straight ww's. so i tested bhn on ww and bhn on stick on, and they came out the same. both tested 12 to 13 bhn. so i went in the buckets of ww's and sorted out a bunch of stick on's of various sizes and cleaned em, got all the sticky stuff off and started testing useing an lbt tester. these are the results. tested 7bhn 10 bhn 12 bhn. i tested bout 10 samples of each and got about the same percentage of numbers. so now i know not to trust stick on as soft lead. i think it would be very labor intensive to test every stick on to sort out the soft one's. so if anyone wants to swap lino or ww's for soft lead i will be posting on swapping and selling for trades.

skimmerhead:castmine:

docone31
10-25-2010, 10:57 AM
I have been running into unmarked stick ons that are zinc.
Be advised.
I do make castings with zinc so no biggee with me.

skimmerhead
10-27-2010, 12:24 AM
I have been running into unmarked stick ons that are zinc.
Be advised.
I do make castings with zinc so no biggee with me.

i cull the zinc out of my ww's if you'd like i'll save em for you, i usally throw em away.

skimmerhead [smilie=s: