PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Mould & Lyman Handles?

versifier
09-27-2006, 11:07 AM
I have my first RCBS mould on the way. Will my Lyman handles fit, or do I need to order a set of RCBS handles for it?

Pepe Ray
09-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Save your money. Order the Lee handles that fit the gang moulds.
I've got them on Lymans, and LBT's as well. IMHO:coffee:
Pepe Ray

chunkum
09-27-2006, 12:56 PM
The Lyman handles won't fit RCBS moulds. You can get the Lee large handles to work with the RCBS moulds and they are a little less expensive than the RCBS handles. Sometimes you do have to modify them just a little though, but it's pretty easy to do. But if you want to do it the absolute "right" way, get some RCBS handles. They will work with the Lyman moulds too, so it's not just a "one mould" investment. The NEIs and the Mountain moulds also take the RCBS handles. For the Saeco Molds, you have to make the little holes in the "arms" of the handles just a tad bigger but a very small diameter chain saw file does this just fine and keeps the "hole" to the thicker portion of the arm where it should be. More than you asked, I reckon. Oh.... talking about one, two, and, in the case of the Mountain Moulds, three cavity set ups here.
Best Regards,
Chunkum

versifier
09-28-2006, 01:09 PM
Thank you, boys. I have some Lee handles and I'll give them a go first.

boogerred
09-29-2006, 12:01 AM
my lee handles had to be smoothed a bit to fit my rcbs moulds.i also dressed the slots in the blocks to get a "loose" fit. i dont remember if i did anything to the handle holes. i like the lee handles better with 2 cav blocks than i do the lyman fat handles.