PDA

View Full Version : American Reloaders Association

johniv
05-18-2005, 10:26 AM
While cleaning up and going thru some old stuff(unusual for me) I found some old newsletters from the A.R.A. I subscribed in the late 60's early 70's.
Does any one remember this organization? It was organized by the late Dean Grennel, and covered such cutting edge topics as"The long awaited Super Vel .45 ACP load" and the Caraville arms "double ace " unit that converted a 1911 into a "squeeze cocker"
Sure was a blast from the past.
John

STP
05-18-2005, 06:24 PM
Interesting that you mention the ARA Bulletin...
Dean`s writings is what prompted me to start casting. I encountered and bought a stack of his Bulletins at a show some time back and have thouroughly enjoyed reading the product "announcements" from days past.
I have each one up to #95 as well as a few "extra" copies.
Spent most of March going thru them again, prompted mostly by the fact that he passed away recently. I remember that his efforts with the T/C Contender must have garnered some favor with the Warren Center, as Dean was able to acquire some T/C frames with "sought after" serial #`s. (Just a guess...)

I`m glad someone else still has some of the ARA Bulletins and is enjoying them still.

Brakeman
03-18-2009, 02:53 PM
Hi John;
Have been trying to track down ARA Bulletins #43 & 76 for some projects I'm working on and came across your posting...any chance I might trouble you for a copy of those?

Would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff Gehrs