PDA

View Full Version : Texan shell holders.

Lucky Joe
10-24-2010, 01:52 PM
Will RCBS shell holders for instance interchange with the Texan loading presses?

Pressman
10-24-2010, 02:25 PM
Yes. All snap in shellholders are the same. Also applies to the Texan presses that use the "H" type shellholders. All the H types will interchange.

Another note, Herter's thread on shellholders will work on the Echo presses, and the otherway around.

Ken

Lucky Joe
10-24-2010, 05:50 PM
Thanks Ken, I appreciate the quick response.

Dave Bulla
06-17-2022, 09:10 PM
I realize this is a12 year old thread but I recently got a Texan turret press and it came with one shell holder but I need others. As stated, RCBS shell holders will fit into the press BUT the priming piece will NOT fit through the hole in the holder. The Texan holder has a visibly larger hole.

I'm not just talking about the rod part of the primer like you would swap out for large or small primers. The primer holder has a spring loaded sleeve that goes around the primer rod to hold the primer. (Primer cup?) That sleeve needs to pass through the hole in the shell holder and it will not go through the RCBS holders. So now I'm looking for actual Texan brand shell holders or else I may buy a set of Lee or RCBS holders and ream them out.

ulav8r
06-17-2022, 10:07 PM
Don't get any Hornady shell holders. They are VERY hard. Bought some on sale, they were too hard to engrave with a carbide tipped vibro-engraver.

15meter
06-17-2022, 10:36 PM
I realize this is a12 year old thread but I recently got a Texan turret press and it came with one shell holder but I need others. As stated, RCBS shell holders will fit into the press BUT the priming piece will NOT fit through the hole in the holder. The Texan holder has a visibly larger hole.

I'm not just talking about the rod part of the primer like you would swap out for large or small primers. The primer holder has a spring loaded sleeve that goes around the primer rod to hold the primer. (Primer cup?) That sleeve needs to pass through the hole in the shell holder and it will not go through the RCBS holders. So now I'm looking for actual Texan brand shell holders or else I may buy a set of Lee or RCBS holders and ream them out.

May not have to be specific Texan shellholders. I have a number of 60's-70's vintage RCBS shell holders that have the larger through hole.

Post what you have and what you are looking for in S&S, you may get a trade that will work for you.

Measure the hole and list the minimum size that will work for you. Some of the larger hole shell holders "sorta" work with current size priming arms or tools. The correct size works way better.

Three44s
06-18-2022, 09:43 AM
Don't get any Hornady shell holders. They are VERY hard. Bought some on sale, they were too hard to engrave with a carbide tipped vibro-engraver.

Current Hornady shell holders have a larger hole and if it is large enough and it’s marked to its size then isn’t that all that matters?

Best regards

Three44s