PDA

View Full Version : patch & mini lube

windwalker
09-27-2006, 06:10 AM
have bin doing some tests with lanotec and trapper's mink oil as a patch lube, i ended up with a mix of 60% mink oil and 40% lanotec shot all day with no crud build up fowling was soft at the last shot,it went down as easy as the first shot. with the minis 50% lanotec 30% bees wax and 20% mink oil got the same results as i did with the patch lube fowling remaind soft.this is the info on lanotechttp://www.conbear.com/it makes a good lube.bernie :)

Buckshot
09-28-2006, 04:04 AM
...............Thanks for the info. After reading Ned Roberts book on muzzle loading percussion rifles I've kind of developed a 'want' for a nice 40 - 45 cal Pennsy style rifle I can build from parts. It'd be a patched RB rifle which will be a big change for me!

................Buckshot

windwalker
09-28-2006, 04:50 AM
.Buckshot i prefer to shoot mini's than round ball, but i doo like to shoot round ball when i am plinking and some times hunt with them when the bush is not tinder dry.you are lucky in the us in west oz the only kit guns you can build are the one' like the lyman one's or you have to have a manufactures licence. that lube is real good,the mink oil takes the stikyness from the lanotec.
bernie:-D