PDA

View Full Version : ballisti cast made me mad today

500bfrman
09-26-2006, 11:33 AM
I am ready to order me an awesome lubrisizer. I am debating between the star and the mark vi. I see that the mark vi is 475 with every option under the sun on it. I add up what all those options would be on the star and its about the same price. i.e. air pressure reg, heater, etc. I know not many people use the mark vi. Most everybody goes with the star, but from what I have gleaned from those in the know. The mark vi is built like a tank, is overkill. But, hey for the same price why not. So I call em up this morning and say " yeah, I would like to order the mark vi for 475 and all the options. They say "oh that price has actually gone up a 100 bucks". wow, you've got to be kidding me. So I guess I will go with the star.

Rick459
09-26-2006, 12:53 PM
where is that item on their website, can't seem to find it.

Rick

500bfrman
09-26-2006, 01:05 PM
http://www.ballisti-cast.com/Mark%20VI%20Price%20List.htm

StarMetal
09-26-2006, 01:13 PM
I'd told them "screw you, I'll buy a Star". Either he would have got mad or say wait, maybe we can talk. That's a pretty big price hike, can't tell me gasoline going up (yeah it's coming down now) caused a price increase.

Joe

StarMetal
09-26-2006, 01:38 PM
I'll rephrase that. What I meant was "to haggle" alittle bit. A good story line would be "Well I didn't want to purchase a Lyman or RCBS luber/sizer because your model and the Star are like Mercedes Benz compared to Lymans/RCBS's chevy/ford. I was all set to plunk the money down and now you tell me there's $100 increase, Wow!" Now I think they may have cut you some slack. That is a big increase, out of proportion to what the economy has been doind lately in this country.

I didn't at anytime inferr that they were rude and I'm most positive that they were not and are not.

Joe

500bfrman
09-26-2006, 02:59 PM
No, they weren't rude. Just the fact of the matter makes me angry I guess. I just don't think it's that difficult to update a web page. Yes, I know I should go with the star, more people are familiar with it, trouble shooting would be a breeze, etc, etc. If you went to the gun store to get a gun you had been wanting for a long time. The price says 475. so you go up to the counter and they say I'm sorry that's actually 575. Doesn't matter how nice they are about it, it makes me mad. I am glad they have been able to keep their prices low for 3 years. 20 percent just seems a bit much for me I guess.

500bfrman
09-28-2006, 08:31 PM
Well I contacted them again to see if they would budge at all. Ain't happening they told me. It appears they have made a 20% price increase across the board. I am sure their products are excellent and worth the money. But, not being able to update your website is pisspoor business practice.

waksupi
09-28-2006, 10:18 PM
If one wanted to be a pain in the ass about it, you could probably suggest to them, that the State Attourney General takes a dim view of false advertising. Real dim.

LAH
10-08-2006, 03:55 PM
I have a Mark V http://www.ballisti-cast.com/Mark%20V%20graphic.htm. It's a very good machine. I purchased it used for 1500.00. It's lubed countless thousands of bullets, perhaps a couple ton. Never a problem.

As for the Mark VI.......Yes it's strong, overbuilt, and even with the increase a good buy.............But adjusting the top punch is a pain. When Kelly was running Cast Performance he drilled and tapped the top punch holder to take 1/2" bolts which he cut the heads off and turned down the shanks to the proper diameter. Then it was a simple matter of turning the bolt and tightening the set screw.

I've never used one but was close to purchasing before speaking with Kelly. I went with a Star and never looked back. This looks interesting though:

http://www.ballisti-cast.com/images/Mark_IV_new_model.jpg

RANGER RICK
10-08-2006, 05:40 PM
I think they have covered them selfs . At the bottom of the pages it says this
"Prices Subject To Change Without Notice"
Prices Effective January 1, 2003

RR

versifier
10-08-2006, 08:22 PM
Customers' attitudes are also subject to change without notice. But one should also be as quick to praise when you receive a pleasant surprise.