PDA

View Full Version : Traded for a rough Star BM

Freightman
10-21-2010, 02:57 PM
Traded for a Star BM 9mm this morning, I actually have $0 in it so I guess I can do what I have to to it. It looks as if someone in its past spilled "Coke" on it and didn't wipe it down, the inside of the gun is perfect, thought I would bead blast it and guncoat it. It has no magazine but found three places that have them. Here are the pictures what do you think.

mike in co
10-21-2010, 04:33 PM
Traded for a Star BM 9mm this morning, I actually have $0 in it so I guess I can do what I have to to it. It looks as if someone in its past spilled "Coke" on it and didn't wipe it down, the inside of the gun is perfect, thought I would bead blast it and guncoat it. It has no magazine but found three places that have them. Here are the pictures what do you think.

buy your mags from spain...

google searcn spanish guns hand guns..there is a forum, and a member in spain that sells
real bm mags...not copies

mike in co

Tazman1602
10-21-2010, 04:55 PM
Mike that wouldn't be here would it?

http://forums.gunboards.com/forumdisplay.php?40-The-Spanish-Pistol-Board

I've had a BM Star for 25 years I got for putting a camshaft in a guys Pinto in 1981 and only have one mag for it. GREAT little gun for the price I paid for it.............

Thanks,

Art

buy your mags from spain...

google searcn spanish guns hand guns..there is a forum, and a member in spain that sells
real bm mags...not copies

mike in co

tek4260
10-21-2010, 05:36 PM
Remove the magizine disconnect and you have a nice little carry piece. I wish I had kept one of the many I have had over the years.

Freightman
10-21-2010, 06:12 PM
Remove the magizine disconnect and you have a nice little carry piece. I wish I had kept one of the many I have had over the years.
Already did that, that is a useless feature IMHO.

lonewelder
10-21-2010, 06:41 PM
I've had a couple,there good guns.Shoot really well and feed anything you put in it.On the heavy side for carry but they are solid.They don't point well for me.But that is a me issue.Still wish I had kept the last one.Had a really good trigger on that one.

9.3X62AL
10-21-2010, 07:48 PM
A buddy of mine has one of these. REAL GOOD PISTOL. Certainly worth cleaning up and running.

mike in co
10-21-2010, 09:16 PM
yep thats it..i think his user name is star....
post your needs or ask for him....

just dont buy in the us of a...either too expensive or aftermarket.

mike in co

HeavyMetal
10-22-2010, 01:13 AM
Think you scored!

Been looking for a deal on one of these to give to the BIL tough to find in Cali and can't import.

I'd clean it up and use Duracoat I've had some experience with it and it dry's hard Plus you have some choices in color as well Black and sliver would make a nice combo.

Bret4207
10-22-2010, 07:40 AM
A darn good gun, most Stars are anyway, they just get a bad rap from the guns of the 1920's. Bead blasting seems a good choice, too bad the previous owner didn't take better care of it.

dualsport
10-24-2010, 01:29 AM
That damage to the finish is probably from exposure to human blood! I bet your new gun is cursed! You should let me have it cheap. I've always wanted one of those. Good score.