PDA

View Full Version : WW from my regular mechanic

Jal5
10-20-2010, 04:33 PM
Been asking my regular mechanic over the past year for WW, been taking two cars there for a long time. Even though it is a chain store and he has to send his ww for recycling, he manages to give me some whenever I ask. Today I brought in a dozen donuts as a thankyou, you would have thought I gave them gold! Even at a little here a little there, it will all add up.

Joe

old turtle
10-20-2010, 04:42 PM
Good thinking. It never hurts to show your appreciation. Little things can add up and cement those important relationships such as where to get ww.s.

10-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Jal5,
Collecting wheel weights from a store/shop is nothing more than a business transaction. If both parties aren't satisified with the proposal, the deal will never come to fruition.

I suspect that, in your case, a business relationship has been established, with doughnuts being the exchange medium and he will be more obliging, in the future. You might even ask if there is something else he would prefer...soda, pizza, sinkers if he fishes, boolits if he's a shooter...

WILCO
10-21-2010, 10:46 AM
I used to ask my mechanic for WW's and was told no, they needed it all for a "race car".
Ended up with a new vehicle and another mechanic for the "little" things.

Cowboy T
10-21-2010, 06:26 PM
Make sure you maintain that relationship. There are enough mechanics around me who are also shooters/casters, or they're taking it home and selling the WW on eBay.

Jal5
10-24-2010, 08:34 PM
yeah if he was a shooter I would trade him for all his WW for whatever size boolits he needed. I really think he is skimming some of the WW to give me, since his national chain store has a policy about recycling lead to the scrap yard. Box of donuts is a small price to pay.