PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Romanianian M69 Bolt part (spring keeper)or Bolt (KS)

Jim Sheldon
10-19-2010, 11:36 AM
Got given one of these neat little Romanian M1969 .22 Military trainer rifles. Unfortunately this one is missing a critical bolt part. Need to find the safety detent which is also the keeper for the firing pin striker spring or better yet, a complete bolt assembly.

Numrich is sold out and so is Apex. These are the only suppliers I could find that ever had any parts except Centrury. Century hasn't had parts for over a year as far as I can find out.

Anyone out there have a complete bolt or the part I'm missing they would be willing to part with for a reasonable price?

Or any help or info on where I might find these parts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jim

Freightman
10-19-2010, 12:16 PM
LOL I have a complete rifle one of the best shooting 22 for the cheap price and all steel. I haven't seen any parts in a while you might ask in the military 22 trainer section here.
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php

Jim Sheldon
10-19-2010, 01:22 PM
LOL I have a complete rifle one of the best shooting 22 for the cheap price and all steel. I haven't seen any parts in a while you might ask in the military 22 trainer section here.

I haven't been a member there long enough to post in the wanted to buy forum. They require 35 days.

I have made the wish known in one of my threads on the rifle, but not too many people have read it.

The M69 I have put the scope on is sure a fine shooter and I certainly am going to thump a few tree rats with it this weekend. Hoping to get the other one running so I can have it as a loaner or backup in case the first one craps out.

Thanks,
Jim

Jim Sheldon
10-19-2010, 04:56 PM
Mods please delete this thread = should have been posted in the "selling/buying/trading forum -- I've already started the same thread there..

My bad.

Jim

Jim Sheldon
10-24-2010, 11:29 AM

The request on Rimfire Central worked! Got a PM and a call this morning from a guy in New York and he had a brand new, complete bolt for sale. Price was reasonable, so I agreed to buy it. That will solve several problems with the second rifle.

Also, there was a guy selling machined Delrin "single shot" adapters over on RFC that replaces the magazine - allows you to drop a fresh cartridge into the ejection port and the adapter positions it properly to feed into the chamber when you close the bolt. Great for youth training and once the new shooter gets proficient, the 5 shot magazine can be issued in place of the SS adapter and in cases where the magazine is damaged, it makes it much easier to operate the rifle as a single shot. Lots easier to load SS this way than trying to feed the bullet into the chamber with the fingers.

Now why didn't I come up with something like that?