PDA

View Full Version : Old melter...

montana_charlie
09-25-2006, 01:10 PM
I regularly search eBay for 'lead dipper' and 'lead ladle'...in case a good deal pops up on a Rowell ladle. Today, this item appears on the 'dipper' search page.

I am not going to bid on this item, but there was a time (not so long ago) when I would have loved to have it. Not being into antiques, I doubt if I would have gone $99, but if it doesn't sell a guy could contact the owner with an offer of (say) $50.

Like I say, I don't need it...but I'd hate for it to get away without you guys knowing it's available.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Antique-Lead-Pot-with-Burner-and-Dipper_W0QQitemZ150038528921QQihZ005QQcategoryZ12Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
CM

trooperdan
09-25-2006, 03:05 PM
When I saw the title, "Old Melter" I assumed it was a post about one of us here! :) Kinda proud of that rusty old pot and dipped, isn't he?

montana_charlie
09-25-2006, 04:27 PM
Kinda proud of that rusty old pot and dipped, isn't he?
Yeah, well...you know how those 'antique people' are. Convince somebody that a torn hunk of used linoleum has some 'history' and it sells for twenty bucks a square foot.

Like I said, if I wanted it (which I don't) I would hope that it doesn't sell...then contact the seller afterward.
CM