PDA

View Full Version : H&R TD worth?

rockrat
10-18-2010, 03:38 PM
Local pawn/gun shop has an H&R Trapdoor carbine on the shelf. Looks new. What is it worth? They are asking $450

felix
10-18-2010, 04:04 PM
Worth 350 new retail in 1978. ... felix

Buckshot
10-19-2010, 01:41 AM
.............Someone asked about that maybe a month ago or so, but I forget which forum it was on?

http://www.fototime.com/0A77CE2081CA175/standard.jpghttp://www.fototime.com/5910E3F3A49AD40/standard.jpg

I bought this "Little Big Horn" commemorative carbine used, for $350 maybe 10-12 years ago? Due to the question about the values I did some checking around on the internet and it naturally depended upon which model H&R Trapdoor you had, what was still with it, and then as always ..................condition! That price sounds very reasonable to me. Do some checking on the web. If it shoots as well as mine you'll be all smiles!

...............Buckshot

Tom-ADC
10-19-2010, 09:45 AM
Local pawn/gun shop has an H&R Trapdoor carbine on the shelf. Looks new. What is it worth? They are asking $450

If it was here for that price it would be mine..

Larry Gibson
10-19-2010, 12:26 PM
I paid $350 about 12 years ago also for an H&R LBH. It had the grip adapter which I wanted for my H&R Officers model and was fairly "used" so there wasn't any "collector" value. I intended on selling the LBH sans the grip adapter but then I shot it and it is wonderfully accurate. I removed the "tang" rear sight put a M1879 "C" rear sight on it. How many of the real LBH M1873 carbines had tang sights on them.....zero is how many. I also had to replace the BB with an original. Nice thing about the H&Rs is they are .458 groove barrels so all the readily available moulds and commercial cast shoot very well in them. They also handle jacketed bullets without problems. I shoot mostly smokeless in my OM and LBH and BP in my original TD. They are lots of fun to shoot. $450 is probably a decent price these days.

Larry Gibson

rockrat
10-19-2010, 09:25 PM
If anybody wants it, PM me and I will let you know where it is. You might get them to take a little off also.

Four Fingers of Death
10-27-2010, 09:14 AM
I bought a H&R Little Big Horn Carbine recently. They are pretty rare in Australia and I paid $AU850. I have only ever seen one of them before and that was one of the silver plated ones. I was happy to pay that much as the new H&R Buffalo Classic or whatever it is called is about that.

I thought that it was in as new condition and when I fired a few shots in it there were slight marks that working the action left after a few shots, so I guess it was unfired. I really like it, but the sight sucks. I am about to fit a new Pedersoli open sight as I will be using this for Black Powder hunting (short range stuff) and Pat Garrett matches in SASS.

I have a Gould style mould from a group buy coming for this rifle. Look out goats (and deer hopefully)!

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/Single%20Shots%20and%20Target%20Rifles/MicksHnRTrapdoor3-1.jpg