PDA

View Full Version : Heat from Bug Burn

armexman
10-16-2010, 11:30 AM
All, will the high heat generated during a BedBug Burn cause speeding of the deterioration of smokeless powder; even when stored in a cabinet. the reason I ask is that during a burn, the rooms or dwelling's ambient temperature has to be above >~120 degrees for a long period of time sometimes going over 140 for about 4 hours or more. During a burn the items in a room cannot leave, other than into a small heat pack, so they have to remain to insure all the bedbugs are killed.

AkMike
10-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Hose the cans down with DEET and remove them. Powder is supposed to be in a cool dry area.

wiljen
10-16-2010, 03:22 PM
I wouldnt use it after that and I think the folks doing the burn might not like the idea of having it present. I suspect they would be happy to let you remove it before the process to a safer location for all involved.

azcruiser
10-16-2010, 05:02 PM
I think it's time to move

madsenshooter
10-16-2010, 07:28 PM
I'd like to see those vermin get past all the whispy little spiders I have living in my house! Being a bachelor does have its benefits. The modern home is just too aseptic! Do they enclose the entire house in plastic or something? Seems that's the only way you're going to get the ones that go into the wall to cool down. Then you're going to kill all your protective spideys and all the BBs that went out into the lawn to beat the heat will be free to run right back in.

Shiloh
10-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Do the bed bugs get in the powder??

Shiloh

Jack Stanley
10-17-2010, 08:12 PM
Do ya think the bugs ight be position sensitive and really , do they decrease the powders burn rate or increase it ? Has anyone done accuracy tests with and without them , how about chronograph data ? When did manufacturers start adding them to the powder ? Are they kind of like the tagants the feds have been trying to add for years ?

:kidding:Jack

madsenshooter
10-17-2010, 08:52 PM
Do the bed bugs get in the powder??

Shiloh

Then they wouldn't be bedbugs, would they? Tagants! So that's how they're making this bedbug map! http://bedbugregistry.com/ I knew there was some sorta conspiracy! Just look, everywhere there's a mass of reloaders!

ghh3rd
10-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Perhaps you could just sprinkle all of that powder around your house. Might be a good BB remedy :)

armexman
10-19-2010, 02:20 PM
All thanks for the reponses, I had my fill of laughs for today.
But seriously folks; the bbs are in apartments here at a major institutional workplace. They (my workplace) have offered the burns to people who may take them home during the normal course of work. Because I am periphally associated with the burns; I am terrified of getting them in my house and having to remove all the powder just to make it safe for the burners. I am talking less than 20# in the house the rest is in a old freezer in the garage. The house is not sealed and the heaters are used in the home along with fans to generate extreme heat and it is moved around the rooms. The initial warm-up draws the bbs out and the higher the heat the more they die. remember bbs are drawn to body heat and thus into your bed where you will stay and lay still so they can bite and drink your blood. the temperatures above 115 are what kill them (eggs and all maturity levels).
What is funny is that all the burners are shooters and/or reloaders.
Wiljen- you're right they hate to perform re-burns, this usually happens when tenants take things out the day of the burn (Backpacks, a jacket, the baby's formula or blanket) as they carry the eggs or bugs that will start the re-infestation.