PDA

View Full Version : Beeswax / 2 stroke oil

toddrod
10-16-2010, 09:40 AM
I used the search function to look for this and did not find any results.

Has anyone mixed these two using the speed green 3:1 ratio? I have plenty of both I was thinking about trying some.

JonB_in_Glencoe
10-16-2010, 10:37 AM
I have blended some, but I added some Lanolin and some reduced JPW.
preliminary tests were good, no leading and accurate as a commercial lube.
41 Mag Keith type with 50/50 WW/soft Lead alloy sized to .001" over bore and
loaded with blue dot and shot through a 6" barrel on a 70º day...Yes I know, not much of a test, I plan on doing some cold weather testing soon, Hot weather in MN isn't due til May or June.
Jon

runfiverun
10-16-2010, 11:30 AM
it's worth trying you can always tweak it.
you can add a bit of vaseline to the mix.
or you might need some stearate to help. it's a binding agent and could help keep the two from separating.
i'd try a bit [5%] of white lithium grease [ lithium sterate]added as the mix cools, and a pinch of lanolin to help the mix be tacky.
ivory soap is sodium stearate, but you'd want to mix that in while the b-wax is melted, and it will also make the lube harder. but some lanolin will smooth the mix back out.
just depends on the viscosity you are looking for.
and if the mix is adhering to the boolits well.

Dave C.
10-16-2010, 06:23 PM
I have tried it and it works well in my 45 acp @ 750 FPS.
I used synthetic two cycle oil. I mixed two 2.6 oz bottles of oil with 1lb of beeswax.

Dave C.

outdoorfan
10-16-2010, 08:04 PM
Yep, I use Amsoil synthetic Saber in that ratio with beeswax in my .45 Colt, .357, and high powered rifles (up to 2700 fps) with little or no leading problems (except for when I get the alloy, diameter, or powder wrong).