PDA

View Full Version : Not Exactly a Cast Boolit Pistol...

Uncle Grinch
10-14-2010, 11:27 PM
Have you seen the new 380 Diamondback semi-auto pistol?

I handled one yesterday at a local gunshop and it really felt good. Trigger pull was nice and it looks like a very small Glock. Was priced at $329, so it's right there with the Ruger LCP.

Here is a link about it...

http://www.gunblast.com/Diamondback380.htm

gray wolf
10-15-2010, 03:27 PM
I reload with great success for a little 32 auto --so whats the big deal with a 380 ?
Cast and load, plus it looks like a nice little pistol.
Good luck with it if you get one.

Sam

Shiloh
10-15-2010, 06:38 PM
Why not??

Shiloh

Uncle Grinch
10-15-2010, 09:52 PM
Why not??

Shiloh

No real reason... just my opinion.

I was more interested in comments on the pistol.

gray wolf
10-15-2010, 10:35 PM
If you like the pistol and you like shooting it you will like reloading for it.

eljefe
10-16-2010, 04:51 AM
I have sold exactly one in our store. I like it as well as the Ruger and Keltec, in fact, it has nicer sights than either, in my opinion.
That class of gun, mini pocket guns,
are getting more popular all the time. If you decide to buy it, you will get one mag
with it. You may as well plan on buying another.

I think I know what you are talking about it not being exactly a cast boolit gun.
I can't imagine it being much fun to run a couple hundred rounds through one of these mouse guns in an afternoon.

Uncle Grinch
10-16-2010, 09:56 AM
I have sold exactly one in our store. I like it as well as the Ruger and Keltec, in fact, it has nicer sights than either, in my opinion.
That class of gun, mini pocket guns,
are getting more popular all the time. If you decide to buy it, you will get one mag
with it. You may as well plan on buying another.

I think I know what you are talking about it not being exactly a cast boolit gun.
I can't imagine it being much fun to run a couple hundred rounds through one of these mouse guns in an afternoon.

I too have been looking, (wish I never traded my Officers Model 45) and trying to make my mind up. I have looked at and shot the LCP, Kel-Tec and Bersa. Of these I seem to gravitae towards the LCP, but when I saw the Diamondback and held it, I kinda liked the way it felt and looked more that the LCP. I've read some online reviews, both good and bad. Most of the bad seemed to be the earlier production guns.

As far as cast boolits, sure I shoot plenty in my revolvers and Kimber 45, but my primary need for the 380, is conceled carry, ie... protection. I'm sure many do cast and shoot for their 380, but that is not my goal for this particular gun. I mean no negative views on doing so, it's just not what I am looking for in a semi-auto pistol.

I appreciate your comments Eljefe.

82nd airborne
10-16-2010, 10:49 AM
I like it better than the Ruger. compare the trigger, sights and grip on the two and I think youll agree.

S.R.Custom
10-16-2010, 12:31 PM
Seems everyone is making one of those now. Let me help muddy the waters...

http://www.gunblast.com/IO-Hellcat.htm

9.3X62AL
10-16-2010, 01:38 PM
VERY Glock-like, and not just cosmetically.

From the barrel's appearance, it appears to be a recoil-operated system. Making a 380 ACP run this way REALLY tames the somewhat harsh recoil sometimes experienced in blow-back 380s using full-potential European-made ammo. The most tractable 380 I ever fired was one of the now-defunct Colt Government Model 380s, which ran a toggle-link system of 3/4 scale. I suspect this little Diamondback will perform in similar fashion.

I just hope the company isn't sued into oblivion by Glock, who pursues patent rights ferociously.

eljefe
10-21-2010, 09:27 PM
I got an interesting call from one of my customers today. He bought a Diamondback, and was very displeased. He says that it had numerous
failures, and constantly stovepiped. He had taken it to the range to
qualify it for off duty carry.

He is bringing it to the shop tomorrow, and I will be able to report more
once I have had a chance to shoot it, etc. Worst case scenario is that I
will send it back to the manufacturer for repair. It is disappointing, though,
that the gun didn't fare better.