PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get - - - need Garand bullet follower

Linstrum
09-23-2006, 04:25 PM
I need to get the sliding bullet follower that rides in the grooves down the inside of the receiver "legs" for a Garand. I have enough parts to assemble another complete rifle, except for the wood and that one part.

About fifteen or so years ago one of the big gun parts dealers had grab bags of good used Garand parts that were supposed to be in complete sets for assembling one rifle if you supplied the wood, sling hardware, barrel, and receiver. They had the bolt, trigger group, operating rod, gas cylinder, spring, spring insert, spring insert guide, operating rod catch, bullet follower, link that goes between the operating rod catch and bullet follower, sights, etc. The set I got had two of the links that go between the operating rod catch and bullet follower but no bullet follower.

Back in those days at a place long since gone out of business called Federal Ordnance in South El Monte, California, they had a whole bunch of good Garand and .30 carbine parts by the crate load. When I was down at this "candy store" I picked up two unissued but rusty receivers for $50 each. They were both from brand spanking new unissued rifles that had just come out of storage in Korea, some of which had been disassembled for parts. The rusty part of one receiver was below the wood line and the other had rust all over it. I sand blasted the one receiver all over being careful not to blast any critical surfaces and Parkerized it. The other receiver I cleaned up with sulfuric acid just where the rust was below the wood line and hot-blacked it with potassium nitrate and lye solution at 375° F. Then I saw the add in American Rifleman for the "grab bags" of Garand parts. So that is where I am at, I need the bullet follower.

Cliff
09-23-2006, 08:08 PM
You might try Fulton Armory. I have done business with them but have talked to them on the telephone and they seem to be quite knowledgable in this area. Their telepone is 800-878-9485 and their web site is http://www.fultonarmory.com. Hope this is of some help. They are in Maryland last I heard.

sundog
09-24-2006, 09:22 AM
http://www.armscorpusa.com/

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
09-24-2006, 11:13 PM
e-gunparts.com