PDA

View Full Version : RCBS customer service

Bubba w/a 45/70
09-23-2006, 09:33 AM
I can not say that I have had a bad experience with the RCBS customer service department. I have needed replacement parts for various tools I own, and they have yet to let me down. The biggest "letdown" that I had was the wait on a replacement handle for my 4x4 press. I went from the shovel handle to a ball handle unit, and there was a bit of a wait for it as they were backorderred from the manufacturer or something. The best was the lubrisizer I sent in for repair/replacement with a note saying that I would gladly pay for the replacement of the casting body that I screwed up, and I received a new in box one about 1.5 weeks later. They have some excellent "stand behind" with their products!

:drinks:

NVcurmudgeon
09-23-2006, 02:02 PM
Bubba, I have posted this before, but with so many new members I guess it does no harm to repeat it. I have often gotten the usual small replacement parts from RCBS. Once they even sent me a new mould to replace one that ham-handed use had boogered. But the crowning "stand behind" was when I wrote them asking if I should be concerned about a little ram wobble in my OLD Junior press. They sent me a new Reloader Special 4 without even knowing for sure that I even owned a Junior. They also said that my old Junior was good for years of service. Well, that's true, because a friend in Montana is still using it!

montana_charlie
09-23-2006, 02:37 PM
On the other hand...
I wrote to them asking how to go about getting a replacement for the plastic cover on my 10-10 powder scale. Never heard a thing...
CM

Catshooter
09-23-2006, 05:07 PM
charlie,

Maybe they never got the letter...

mag_01
09-23-2006, 06:33 PM
I have had excellent service from RCBS---Parts sent out quickly and no charge.

Marshal Kane
09-24-2006, 08:28 PM
charlie,
Call them toll free at 1-800-533-5000. I have done so numerous times and every rep I talked to has been more than helpful and courteous. It's possible that once in a while, a request will get lost but those folks will help you once you make contact. Give it another try and let us know the results. Best wishes.

Uncle Grinch
09-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Some years ago, I purchased a used set of RCBS .358 Win dies at a gun show. After using them I found a problem with them, called RCBS and returned them for repair.

Well they simply sent me a new set of dies with a No Charge note . That's great I thought, but found they returned a set of .308 Win dies instead of my .358. A quick phone call to them really made me one happy customer. The lady simply did the right thing and said "I'll overnight your .358 dies to you and you can keep the .308 dies for your inconvinience."

How's that for service!

Buckshot
09-25-2006, 10:25 AM
..............I eventually broke the primer pocket swager rod while doing a 3 gallon pail of LC83 once fired military 223 brass. I called and they said no charge. I refused to let them send me the replacement rod for free. I said I had a lot of the brass to do and I wanted 3 of the rods so I'd have a couple spares on hand.

The lady took my CC number and when I got the 3 rods they'd charged me for one and no shipping charges.

.............Buckshot

SharpsShooter
09-25-2006, 07:03 PM
I bought a 2nd or third hand RCBS 30-180- FN off a friend of mine for a good price. It was in great shape, but missing the retaining pins for the handles. The nice lady at RCBS refused payment for the pins even after I explained that I had not been the original owner. I had em in hand two days later and there were two extras also.

SS

Bubba w/a 45/70
09-25-2006, 09:58 PM
I have been getting great service from them for more years and products than just this late example.

A couple of years ago, I had a .223 sizer die get embedded with something that started scratching cases. Called them up for suggestions on how to clean it out, and they had me send it in for replacement. My only request was to have a set of (then very newly out) X-dies in .223. Still have that set, and they are still working great.

That was actually my first experience with them, and has set the stage for many years of great service from an excellent company.

Marshal Kane
09-27-2006, 11:33 AM
These storys just go on and on . . .
Called RCBS once to get replacement ear pads for their hearing protectors. After years of use, seems the liquid in the liquid filled pads tend to evaporate. When the parts arrived, not only did they send me the pads for free, but they included a set of ear cup insulators too. Their customer service is second to none.

ron brooks
10-12-2006, 01:37 PM
I have only had the best of service from them. Quick and polite. They allways refuse my payment, even when I offer.

Ron

toecutter
10-12-2006, 07:19 PM
These are but a few of the reasons I wonder why anyone recommends reloading gear from anyone else. Other companies make some innovative products that are have-to-haves for me. But for every nuts-and-bolts reloading setup, most of it is all RCBS.