PDA

View Full Version : Good friend makes a find...

shoot-n-lead
10-13-2010, 10:21 PM
I told a friend about my search for ww's yesterday at work, he isn't a shooter so the reasoning behind the search was lost on him, but apparently my quest for lead was not. He called about 30 minutes after leaving work to ask if I would be interested in half of a 5gal bucket of ww's for $10.00. My immediate response was yes, then I asked how he came by them. Seems that after our discussion, he stopped by a truck tire establishment in his hometown that is about 15 miles away. He stops by the shop before going home and inquires about what they do with theirs and the guy told him that someone normally picked them up but that he would sell him what he had on hand if he wanted them, so, pursuant to our conversation he made the purchased and delivered them to me at work today. When I got them home, I discovered the half bucket held 85 pounds of truck weights. I immediately call him and thanked him again for helping me out. He said that he would try to get more for me when the guy had some. This purchase makes 785 pounds of wheel weights that I have purchased in about a month. I sure hope that I can continue to have this luck for a little while longer.:smile:

Dennis Eugene
10-13-2010, 11:16 PM
Congrats and, Heck I hope your luck continues for a long while longer. Dennis

mrappe
10-13-2010, 11:20 PM
It must be nice! I haven't been able to find a single place that will even sell them.

shoot-n-lead
10-14-2010, 07:20 PM
It must be nice! I haven't been able to find a single place that will even sell them.

Ask some of your friends if they know of any places that may have them. You might need to call on some independent shops as they may not have contracts with recyclers. Also, be positive when you visit....walk in with a bucket in your hand and assume that you will get some ww's.:-D

reloader28
10-15-2010, 09:51 PM
I have good fiend of mine that has been shooting my cast boolits all summer and loving it. Single sucker gets a new pistol whenever he gets a chance now and wants more boolits.

I dont mind too much. He's brought me 6 full 5 gallon buckets of WW and said he's got 2 more now. $20 apiece and he aint let me pay for 1 yet.
Ya think I reload anything he wants for nothing? YOU BET![smilie=w:

shoot-n-lead
10-15-2010, 10:34 PM
I have good fiend of mine that has been shooting my cast boolits all summer and loving it. Single sucker gets a new pistol whenever he gets a chance now and wants more boolits.

I dont mind too much. He's brought me 6 full 5 gallon buckets of WW and said he's got 2 more now. $20 apiece and he aint let me pay for 1 yet.
Ya think I reload anything he wants for nothing? YOU BET![smilie=w:

If you can't handle'em all, send some my way. PM and I will forward my address....:lovebooli

shoot-n-lead
11-13-2010, 11:43 PM
Got another bucket,140 lbs, of ww yesterday afternoon for $20.00. I sure hope this continues for another year or two.....LOL

alfloyd
11-14-2010, 01:13 AM
I picked up about 300 lbs of ww's at the scrap metal yard this week for $0.20 per lb.
I think that was a fair deal. They even gave me the plastic buckets they were in.

Now I have a bigger pile of ingots. [smilie=w:

Life treated me well this week.

Lafaun

WHITETAIL
11-19-2010, 08:57 AM
Always keep the word out that you are looking for lead.
You never know where or when lead will find you.:bigsmyl2:

GunnyJohn
11-22-2010, 10:21 AM
Since I became addicted I have also inffected my buddy, so one day we were talking about new sources of precious metal, and this kid at work says he has a n uncle that owns a tire shop. The next day he shows up with two 5 gal buckets of WW. we ask what he wants for them, and he says that he was glad to get them outta his way. We told him if any more get in his way feel free to drag them in. Talk about a score. We'll have to put something extra in his stocking.