PDA

View Full Version : Value of Slug Hulls

Milltown353
10-13-2010, 09:23 PM
I've searched the internet and can't seem to find a price for slug hulls. I have a 5 gallon bucket full of the Tactical Rifled 12ga slug hulls and will probably end up with more. They are are pretty nice and seem to have thick walls. They're from the LEO range.

Any Idea how much they might be worth?

Thanks.

shotman
10-13-2010, 10:09 PM
00$ you cant reload them very good . Most guys cut them and make a one time reload that aint pretty. I would not pay shipping for them so . that may give you Idea

Johnch
10-13-2010, 10:32 PM
When the police use the range

Most of the time the slug hulls end up in the trash
As no one wants them

OK to use if reloading roll crim slugs
But other than that ......... not many good uses

John

missionary5155
10-14-2010, 01:49 AM
Good morning
Reload them with Round Ball .. Imagine how many REAL slug loads a 5 gallon bucket would hold !

elk hunter
10-14-2010, 11:02 AM
For what it's worth, I'm not familiar with that particular shotshell, but years ago I was given a 55 gal barrel of Winchester slug hulls that I just had to find a way to use. At that time I was shooting a lot of ducks with a Browning A-5 that was throwing my good hulls out into the lake with every pull of the trigger. I decided to try the slug hulls. I loaded them in my PW loader with a six fold crimp starter and they made beautiful crimps and worked every time in the A-5. I shot up a third of that barrel of hulls before the non-toxic shot requirement came in and I quit shooting ducks.

I can't speak to how your hulls may or may not work, but hey they just might be OK.

Hardcast416taylor
10-14-2010, 01:09 PM
Not sure if they have brass heads or not. If they do put them in a burn barrel and salvage the brass heads after burning off the plastic.Robert

camerl2009
10-14-2010, 01:29 PM
its the same shells as most but thay just have to be roll crimped
with a card on to of the wad/shot

oldtoolsniper
10-15-2010, 09:09 AM
The heads are steel with a brass coating. A magnet will tell you. I would say the best use is a one time hunting load. I load steel for duck hunting and more then half the hulls are non recoverable. I get primed new clear shells for $9.95 a hundred on sale at ballistics products, so the value of used ones is not that great.

camerl2009
10-15-2010, 09:27 AM
I've searched the internet and can't seem to find a price for slug hulls. I have a 5 gallon bucket full of the Tactical Rifled 12ga slug hulls and will probably end up with more. They are are pretty nice and seem to have thick walls. They're from the LEO range.

Any Idea how much they might be worth?

Thanks.

what brand of hull's