PDA

View Full Version : Cabine Tree tester

mrappe
10-13-2010, 04:34 PM
I just recieved this tester. It is my first one and I was testing som ingots and found that when I tested the same ingot several times I got a wide variety of readings. I don't know if it is something that I am doing or if this is normal. I wonder if the gage probe is slipping off center when I am tightnening the screw one turn. Does anyone else have experience with this?

Linstrum
10-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Did you test the top, side, or bottom face of the ingot? The top can have spots of varying consistency from slag, oxides, and impurities floating around on top.

If you haven't already, try testing the bottom of an ingot and see if you get more consistent results. If they are still all over the place then your tester or your technique may be lacking in consistency.

rl864

waksupi
10-13-2010, 05:52 PM
My inconsistencies were brought about by not being exact in the full turn. I now make a mark with a pencil to line up with the pointer, and get regular results now.

idahoron
10-13-2010, 08:14 PM
Did you test the top, side, or bottom face of the ingot? The top can have spots of varying consistency from slag, oxides, and impurities floating around on top.

If you haven't already, try testing the bottom of an ingot and see if you get more consistent results. If they are still all over the place then your tester or your technique may be lacking in consistency.

rl864

BINGO!!!!!
You hit the nail on the head. Ron

fredj338
10-14-2010, 02:00 PM

rl864
This plus getting a unifrom flat surface to test on. Filing a flat area helps a lot.

cajun shooter
10-15-2010, 11:28 AM
It is best to test a area that made contact with the mold whether a ingot or bullet. Testing the top will give different readings.