PDA

View Full Version : Prairie Dogs Around Colorado

Doc_Stihl
10-13-2010, 04:26 PM
Anyone know of any outfits to do some prairie dog "hunting" around Colorado?

I'm planning a week next year for Pdog'n and fishing and can't find much in the way of outfitters.

Blammer
10-13-2010, 07:50 PM
What part of colorado will you be around? Grand Junction?

JJC
10-13-2010, 09:53 PM
Check out colorado division of wildlife web site. Think it's www.wildlife.state.co.us Look for the state wildlife areas. Why pay? They give the area, directions and available game. What part of the state and when? I may be able to show or take you where I go if you are in the Denver area. If you like I can send you the printed version of the wildlife areas. Send me a PM if I miss your post.

Doc_Stihl
10-14-2010, 09:15 AM
I'll be out there the first week of June next year. Somewhere around Gunnison. I'll be traveling from NH, so I'll be shipping my rifles/ammo and would need an outfitter/guide to receive and reship the "crate". If I can't find a guide around there somewhere, I'll just wing it, but I'd love to have a cabin to stay at close to the hunting grounds to save time traveling. Although I'd be willing to be 5-8 hours away from Gunnison if the hunting was good. I plan on shooting for 2 days, and then we'll be fishing for 4 days.

JJC
10-16-2010, 11:06 AM
Gunnison is real pretty, can't help you there. Maybe you can ship to a UPS store or a reputable big game outfitter can recieve them. There are some places that offer pack trips, camping, and use of the land on the off season. Maybe you can work something out with one of them. They may be able to point you in the right direction for p dogs. I don't know of any outfitters out that way for p dogs.

JJC
10-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Black canyon bulls and world class outdoors looks like thay can help you out. Just typed prairie dog hunting in grand junction colorado into yahoo. Season starts June 15 on public land, think private is year round.