PDA

View Full Version : Experience with the Redfield M-294 mount and scope?

Ernest
10-09-2010, 11:57 PM
Looking for a little help from the knowledgeable. I have a pre 64. Model 94 30-30. It has a a Model 294 Redfield base and 3/4 inch intermediate scope mounted on it. Does any one have experience with his mount and scope. How is it affixed to the barrel. are there screw holes under the moun or does it just use the dove tail for the sight?

Pepe Ray
10-10-2010, 10:10 AM
When you dismount the scope you will see the heads of 3 screws
in the base.
Pepe Ray

Ernest
10-10-2010, 07:01 PM
When you dismount the scope you will see the heads of 3 screws
in the base.
Pepe Ray

does the barrel have to be drilled and taped to mount he base?

Ernest
10-10-2010, 10:33 PM
Finally figured out how to take the scope off. It had been on so long that it was stuck on the slide. There are three holes drilled and taped in the barrel. That is what I needed to know. I thought that maybe the base was mounted using the dove tail and opposing tension screws.

Thanks for the reply. I guess there aren't many of these old set ups around any more. It really is a slick set up though.

10-10-2010, 11:31 PM
Yes it is a slick set up and hard to come by. There were a couple of versions of that built. Both very similar. That 2X scope is a good one. I wouldn't drill the holes in a pre-64 94 today to do it if the gun was in good, un-messed-with condition. Who knew then what would happen with the pre-64 values. Consider yourself lucky to have that scope and mount!