PDA

View Full Version : AR-15 Bator mold loads

Moonie
10-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Ok, just got back from my first test with my AR-15 midlength gas system.

I was just testing for function, not accuracy.

18gr H4895 cycled the action perfectly and locked back after last round, I was however using a light action spring from Brownells and it does have the standard weight carbine buffer.

Not sure what the velocity is however, I do not have a crono.

I did have some issues with the magazine follower tilting and jamming the last round. Will have to replace all of my followers with anti-tilt versions.

No leading noticed but I didn't fire many rounds through it, bore looks clean with just a little powder fouling.

These were pan lubed with FWFL with carnuba, with gator gaschecks from Blammer (they arrived this morning, thanks Blammer)

Found the load, now fine tuning for 100% reliability with them. Boolits were loaded so the gas checks were in the neck, crimping between the lube grooves, lube in both.

:lovebooli

coyotebait
10-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Keep us posted with your results please. What twist is your barrel?
coyotebait

Moonie
10-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Barrel is 1-9"

I'll get to the range some time this week to check accuracy, I am using iron sights.

These loads are intended for a tactical competition primarily where ranges are normally 25 yards or less, with the occasional single shot at 50 yards.

Now keep in mind that while I had no leading whatsoever I also only fired 8 shots to verify function.

And I forgot to mention they were sized to .225