PDA

View Full Version : Silver Bullets

leveraction
10-07-2010, 11:47 PM
Sorry if this subject has been beaten to death, but has anyone here cast silver boolits? I'm thinking it might be good to have some silver rounds at the ready in case of vampire attack :)

I searched and didn't see anything, but then again vB's search tool is terrible.

geargnasher
10-07-2010, 11:50 PM
It's here. If you can find the old threads there are some really good links posted.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Gear

leveraction
10-08-2010, 12:12 AM
OK I'm searching. Thanks

legi0n
10-08-2010, 12:24 AM
Send the silver bullion to me and I'll return the bullets. Free of charge of course.

lwknight
10-08-2010, 01:06 AM
I revived the old thread " silver boolits"

leveraction
10-08-2010, 01:18 AM
I revived the old thread " silver boolits"

OK I read the thread and it sounds like it's not practical at all. Oh well, thanks

HORNET
10-08-2010, 07:46 AM
The silver boolits were for werewolves, not vampires. I recall an old Remington ad where they claimed that one of their bullets would be more effective on werewolves due to the controlled expansion and offered some ridiculous payment to anybody that had clear proof that they were wrong...

bootsnthejeep
10-08-2010, 07:56 AM
Nah, works on Vampires too. Its destructive to all spawn of the devil. Symbolic of the silver used to bribe Judas to betray Jesus. Damn man, don't you watch any movies??

jimwill48
10-08-2010, 08:44 AM
Find someone with a metal lathe and have them turned.....lol

10 ga
10-08-2010, 10:20 AM
I think Oregon Trail claims to have silver in their alloy. I'm guessin the devil spawn don't know if it is a pure silver boolit or just alloyed with silver. I keep some Oregon Trail boolits and throw a couple in the pot when casting for my home defense system. You never know what might show up! 10

Jeffrey
10-08-2010, 11:50 AM
"Staybrite" is a soft solder alloy that comes in two formulas. Regular Staybrite contains about 3% silver. Staybrite #8 contains about 5% silver. Regular SB melts at about 430*, #8 melts at about 530*. Both go for about $30 / lb. Both stay shiney like silver.
Jeffrey

fryboy
10-08-2010, 11:52 AM
melting down silver plated pewter is also another way to add a lil silver to the mix , how much stays i cant say but it has to go somewhere

MtGun44
10-08-2010, 12:48 PM
The Laser cast thing is probably just marketing hype. Essentially all lead ore has trace
amounts of silver in it. Some smelting operations do process out the majority of the
silver, but there is always some trace left. My bet is this trace amount is what they are
bragging on. Probably true, but so what? Only there because there is no economical way to
get it out and it was there naturally, not that they put it in to improve it in some way.

Bill

Ted
10-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Here is the best thread/article I have read yet on the subject of casting silver bullets.

http://www.patriciabriggs.com/books/silver/silverbullet5.shtml

Ted

seppos
10-09-2010, 06:32 AM
It would not be a problem to make silver bullets.. One just need a bullet mould, wax and vacume casting set..
First one casts wax bullets with bullet mould. Then makes the "tree" from the wax for the vacume casting unit.. Sort of lost wax casting..
Then burn the mould and the wax from it..
Finally the vacume casting..
It is not very quick method but will work..
Common way in jewel industry..

S

missionary5155
10-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Good morning
I know some silver smiths down here in Peru. Silver melts at a high temp and they all use a pressure injection to force the silver into the mold cavities. Having watched the process I decided not to try. And with the price of silver above $23 an ounce that would be expensive ammo. 5 rounds of 00 buck at 5 feet should do enough to complete mechanical decapitation