PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to Ruger

white eagle
10-06-2010, 10:10 AM
after cooling a bit about my first encounter with Ruger c/s I called back and was told to ship my broken framed revolver to them for a look see
well within short order they called back and told me that they were going to repair it
so about a week goes by and I get it back and let me tell you it is almost better than new ,
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/kempobb/nr1.jpg
and as I was typing this I received a phone call follow up from Gill a c/s rep
thanks to all for encouragement and help with this
this is a great site

docone31
10-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Ruger has always treated me well.
That is why I go to Ruger first.

BCB
10-06-2010, 12:10 PM
white eagle,

I wonder what happened to the frame?...

Do you think it was defective or loads that were much to hot for the aluminum frame?...

Did you own the gun from new?...

I am just curious as I have one of them critters also and that was pretty dicouraging seeing the broken frame...

I also have 4 other Ruger handguns and have had no problems...

Thanks...BCB

hicard
10-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Good for Ruger, my faith in them restored. Thanks for the update white eagle, Ruger deserved it.

white eagle
10-06-2010, 02:53 PM
BCB
no I believe that aluminum grip frames are at fault
I could have had a bad one
no worries you should have no problems
I also have more Rugers and this is the only one that gave me grief

Catshooter
10-06-2010, 04:56 PM
I learned in construction management that he who remains calm usually wins.

Cat

2ndAmendmentNut
10-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Good for you! I own a number of Rugers and to date I have only had to send one back, but I too was quite satisfied with my treatment. Did they replace the grip with another aluminum one? Not to highjack the thread, but anyone happen to know if the grips on the New Model Vaqueros are aluminum too?

white eagle
10-06-2010, 08:17 PM
funny thing they don't make aluminum grip frames anymore
Huh wonder why ????:lol:
fitted me with a steel one

Wildcat
10-07-2010, 06:46 PM
I kaboomed an old well worn Superblackhawk a few years ago. The load was 10 grains of Unique with a 429421. Temp was very high, probably 105 or so. I sent Ruger a letter with the revolver, explained the circumstances, admitted it could possibly have been a double charge, and if not repairable could they return the Bisley parts I had on the revolver. Within days I got a letter from them saying it was not repairable, of course they would send the Bisley frame etc back and would I mind a new Super Blackhawk for free.

A year or so before that, a friend had a blackhawk .45 kaboom. Nobody was injured. He got all nasty with them from the get go, threatening litigation etc.. They sold him a replacement at cost.

Civility still helps, even when dealing with a corporation.

500bfrman
10-07-2010, 08:25 PM
I kaboomed an old well worn Superblackhawk a few years ago. The load was 10 grains of Unique with a 429421. Temp was very high, probably 105 or so. I sent Ruger a letter with the revolver, explained the circumstances, admitted it could possibly have been a double charge, and if not repairable could they return the Bisley parts I had on the revolver. Within days I got a letter from them saying it was not repairable, of course they would send the Bisley frame etc back and would I mind a new Super Blackhawk for free.

A year or so before that, a friend had a blackhawk .45 kaboom. Nobody was injured. He got all nasty with them from the get go, threatening litigation etc.. They sold him a replacement at cost.

Civility still helps, even when dealing with a corporation.

that's interesting. In my recent dealings with magnum research I never even asked to have anything done and they sent out a FEDEX overnight label within the first minute of the phone conversation.

tek4260
10-07-2010, 09:37 PM
With Ruger, I have heard it depends on what CSR you get.

hornsurgeon
10-07-2010, 10:09 PM
a few years ago i bought a well used blackhawk 357. the lockup was a bit loose. ruger had it picked up, and when it returned, all that was original was the frame itself. EVERY SINGLE PART INCLUDING BARREL, CYLINDER, GRIPFRAME, GRIPS(finish worn but other wise fine), AND ALL WORKING PARTS WERE REPLACED. it was the best fit i have ever seen on a blackhawk. unfortunately, it had to go to cover some medical bills. but ruger definately stood behind their product.

donjose
10-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Glad you got your hog leg back

Jason

jmsj
10-07-2010, 11:13 PM
Glad to see it all worked out for you. I thought Ruger would treat you right. Good looking pistol. Enjoy, jmsj

white eagle
10-08-2010, 08:38 PM
I really like the grip panels but they are to small no matter how I hold it
actually tore some skin off my hand the first secession with it so I put the goodyears back on
fits my hands mo betta

home in oz
10-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Good looking revolver.

Glad to hear that is is very unlikely mine will separte in mid-recoil.

9.3X62AL
10-09-2010, 12:13 AM
"Goodyears". Now, that's funny!

Glad to see that Ruger did the right thing for the right reasons. Steel grip frames now? SWEET.

MtGun44
10-09-2010, 12:24 AM
Wildcat,

If you blew a SBH with "10 gr unique" you can rest assured that it WAS a double
charge, or else you used Clays or Red Dot or Bullseye or similar superfast powder
and DID have 10 gr. Even so, 10 gr of BE may not do damage, but 20 gr of Unique
is a "whole 'nother country".

Been there, done that - mine was a .45 ACP with "4.7 BE". Good news is no damage to ME,
only the grips and mag were trashed. Gun is fine. Happened over 25 yrs ago, I am STILL
VERY careful - have pulled down a few batches on the barest inkling that I may have messed
one up.

Good that you are OK. I can't really imagine what kind of pressures it would take to kaboom
a SBH. Whatever it is it is a BIG number since normal is about 40,000 psi.

Bill