PDA

View Full Version : Charizo and Egg Burrito's

Suo Gan
10-06-2010, 02:35 AM
Get some Charizo and fry it on a med temp. 2 pounds makes 15 small burritos. Do the math for more or less.
As it's cooking, brown your flour tortillas on a hot griddle until they get those dark brown spots all over them on both sides. Do 15 of them.
Cut 15 sheets of aluminum foil to be used for wrapping later.
Cut 15 small sticks(1/2x1/2x3") pieces of jack cheese.
Fry the pork real good, the trick with any pork is cooking it on a medium low heat setting and just be patient. This should take about 20 minutes or so.
As the meat is cooking continue browning the tortillas. Those burned spots make them really good. And the heating makes them more pliable too. I stack them one on top of the other so that they look like a big stack of pancakes. Then when I am done, I flip the entire stack over and put them in the microwave on a low setting for a few minutes. This gets them all hot and pliable and easy to work with and stretch around the filling.
Continue cooking, spoon out excess grease into a can.
Fold 6 or so paper towels and put them on the counter, and dump the chorizo onto them. This will sop up the remaining grease pretty good.
Put the chorizo back in the pan and add a dozen eggs. Mix them so that they are a consistent slurry with an oatmeal consistency. Flip with a spatula regularly to promote even cooking.
When they are done, with a consistency of moist scrambled eggs take them off the stove and put the pan on a trivet.
I have my plate of tortillas handy and use the spatula to put a half cup (or so) amount of the Chorizo and eggs on the tortilla that is sitting on top of the tinfoil. Don't forget the cheese (cheddar is no bueno, jack is muy bueno!). The tortillas should be easy to work with. The trick is not adding too much meat and having a fold that keeps everything in. If it falls apart, you probably added too much. If your tortilla was heated right, it will be pretty sticky and seal itself. This technique Its kind of like riding a bike. Easier done than said.
Wrap in foil and put them all on a tray and put them all in a preheated oven for 15 minutes or so (to melt cheese and all together).
I HIGHLY recommend a topping of banana sauce (Here it can be found at Raley's, Von's, and Food for Less). I used to add a little mayonesa (mayonnaise made with limes and not lemons) but the cheese is enough I think. My buddy likes ketchup on his too. Whatever, they are damn good.

There now be fruitful and let your waist multiply.

Very, very easy too.