PDA

View Full Version : Todays cookin: I'm puttin up pickled pigs feet and pickled pears!

10 ga
10-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Not the same recipe for sure but while I have lotsa hot water I'm gettin it done. Which would you rather have? For me depends on what I have a cravin for, sweet as per pears, or sour as per vinegar and pigs feet with pepper pop! 10

Changeling
10-05-2010, 05:00 PM
While being raised I was very partial to fresh pigs feet or tails that were boiled in a pot by my mom slowly till done, the only spice I can remember is "Bay Leaves" because I dropped a jar and got slapped once, LOL. I think there was thyme in there to but not really sure.
Anyway when they were done they were taken out as one wanted, you would put one on a plate, sprinkle with salt, black pepper and vinegar with maybe some hot pepper flakes in there if you liked. These latter seasonings were usually in a container for that purpose, Awesome!!!!

CALGOUGERS.NET
10-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Interesting. My friend's dad has a thing for pickled ham hocks but I could never stomach them let alone the feet.

Suo Gan
10-06-2010, 02:47 AM
10 ga. Could you share your recipes? Perhaps scan your recipe card and post it? The pears sound great. I would like both recipes though if ya don't mind.