PDA

View Full Version : Lee Selling Our Rejects?

Leftoverdj
09-19-2006, 12:26 AM
I just took a look at the Lee Surplus page and saw seven TL259-80-RF six holers for sale. Sounds to me like some of the moulds I sent back when Doug made me 50 PB moulds instead of the 25 PB and 25 GC I had ordered. I also saw 33 TLC430-285-RF moulds as surplus. Anyone know anything about those?

Ranch Dog
09-19-2006, 12:55 AM
Yes, those would be the Jeff223's RD TLC432-285-RF group buy that went bad. All the molds where undersized... at least they are calling it like they are ".430" and I think it is good business to try to move them. Actually, those would be a real good bullet for a 44 Mag or 444 Marlin if you could live with a .430" boolit.

Johnch
09-19-2006, 11:38 PM
3 things .
1 I wish Lee would credit the proper person for the bullet design .

2 Boy am I glad I never got around to sending mine in .
It casts a nice .430 -.431 bullet for the Black Hawlk

3 It would be nice if Lee would post a pic of the surplus bullets

Johnch

trooperdan
09-20-2006, 11:04 AM
Funny... I just get a blank page when I go to Lee's site and click on the "Surplus" link!

Bullshop
09-20-2006, 01:28 PM
YEA!!! ME TOO!!! Wats up with that? It just instantly says done at the bottom and the page is blank.
Infact all the links at the bottom of the Lee page in the blue cluster of links get me the same thing.
I have searched the Lee site and can not find any other link to the surplus items. It used to work for me but not now.
BIC/BS

Leftoverdj
09-20-2006, 03:55 PM
The Lee Surplus page goes down sometimes. I've seen it happen off and on for years. Usually back up in a day or three.

wills
09-20-2006, 06:05 PM
Noticed they have Classic Cast presses, listed as seconds for $73

http://www.leeprecision.com/cgi/catalog/browse.cgi?1158789716.1907=/html/catalog/surplus.html

Ranch Dog
09-20-2006, 11:15 PM
It will be interesting to watch the quatity and how fast they sell. I sent a fellow after one as he can successfully use that diameter.

Anybody know anything about the TL259-80-RF, what it was designed for? I've been thinking of a TL252-50-RF for my 25 Auto.

Leftoverdj
09-20-2006, 11:33 PM
TL 259-80-RF was designed for the .25-20 as a plinker/small game bullet. It's given me excellent accuracy at .22 lr velocities, but has resisted my limited efforts to push it much past that. I did not try very hard because it was a twin group buy with a companion TLC 25-80-RF. The GC version is long gone, but I use that when I need more velocity.

Bullshop
09-20-2006, 11:41 PM
Whats the secret? I have been trying for three days and all I get is a blank page when I click the surplus items link. What am I doin wrong?
BIC/BS

woody1
09-21-2006, 12:46 AM
Whats the secret? I have been trying for three days and all I get is a blank page when I click the surplus items link. What am I doin wrong?
BIC/BS

Beats me. Here's what I just did. From the Lee Home page clicked on Products. At Products page, just past Books & Software I clicked on Surplus Items. Walla, I hit surplis items. When I went to the bottom of the page where all the clickers are supposed to be and hit surplus items I got the blank page. Regards, Woody

PS - It's just magic anyhow!
Here ------->
BOOKS & SOFTWARE

Modern Reloading Second Edition

Shooter Program

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Surplus Items

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
not here ---->
Lee Dies | Large Series Dies | Rifle Full Length Dies | Pistol Dies | Crimp Dies
Collet Dies | Deluxe Rifle Dies | Bullet Molds | Lube and Sizing | Melters
Reloading Presses | Press Kits | Turret Press | Classic Turret Press | Classic Cast
Pro 1000 | Load Master | Lee Load All | Case Conditioning Tools | Priming Tools
Disk Powder Measure | Perfect Powder Measure
Lee Aniversary Kit | Deluxe Turret Press Kit | Lee Loader
Shooter Program | Modern Reloading | Apparel | Surplus Items

versifier
09-21-2006, 01:23 AM
I notice they have a 452-228-1R HP mould. I have one and really like it for 45ACP & for loading into sabots for my .54 m/l. I don't need another one, but it's a nice pluck if you don't already have it.