PDA

View Full Version : Clouds

GOPHER SLAYER
10-02-2010, 03:19 PM
My wife and I were sitting on the patio admiring the clouds and I thought I would share the view with you. You can also see my man cave in the back yard. That is the place where I do my casting and reloading. It is also the store house for all the treasures of the shooting world that I have collected over the years. It is a shame that today there are fewer places in the golden state to use them. California is without a doubt one of the great places to live. What a pity the ding bat politicians have screwed it up.

AZ-Stew
10-02-2010, 07:56 PM
What a pity the ding bat politicians have screwed it up.

My understanding is that you guys have a ballot proposition coming up that will take the political districting out of the hands of the politicians and put it in the hands of a citizen's committee. For your sakes, I hope it passes so you can make some changes in your legislature. As someone said, the current method allows the politicians to select their voters, rather than having the voters select their politicians. Good luck with it.

Regards,

Stew

Cherokee
10-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Looks nice....

GOPHER SLAYER
10-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Yes AZ Stew, there are two measures on this Nov. ballot dealing with redistricting. I read both and they are of course written to confuse. I will get the straight story before Nov. 2. I have not missed an election since I first voted in 1956.

Buckshot
10-03-2010, 01:17 AM
.................Yup, ole GOPHER SLAYER has a nice shop out there. Once you open the door you can take about 2 steps, and that's all she wrote! :-) :kidding:

..............Buckshot

dragonrider
10-03-2010, 09:16 AM
"Once you open the door you can take about 2 steps,"

I know that feelin. [smilie=l:

Hardcast416taylor
10-03-2010, 04:52 PM
I have to put my shoulder to the door to get it open in my barn, then the bees attack!Robert

GOPHER SLAYER
10-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Just to show my man cave isn't all that cluttered, I took these pics with no straightning, well very little. The flat rate boxes will go when I have sold about half the stuff you see. Now I know my loading shelf will not measure up to some you see on this site, after all it is a work in progress. My work bench may be a little disorganized but just as soon as that project is finished, I will move it out and other stuff will take it's place. Don't you find that to be true with your work bench?

EOD3
10-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Looks to me like most of the shop is "wife packed" but the reloading supplies look pretty well organized. :grin:

I've considered putting an electric fence around my garage to keep the Mrs. out. She opens the door and "dumps" in the first open space. I pick it up, pack it in a rational manner and put it in it's proper place. She comes in looking for something, pulls three or four boxes down, rummages through them until she finds whatever and leaves the boxes and their contents strewn on the floor. Then when she gets done with whatever she wanted, she dumps it in the garage and we start over.

OK, rant over...

GOPHER SLAYER
10-03-2010, 08:32 PM
EOD3, if you only knew my wife. She is the most organized person I know. In fact if there were a department of oganization , she could be the boss of it. She is constantly asking me, when are you going to get rid of all those boxes. As a matter of fact, she only goes into my shed as far as the little stool close to the door. When it comes to moving households , she is a master at packing a moving van. While I on the other hand tend to follow the old family motto, [When In Question, When In Doubt Run In circles, Scream And Shout.]

EOD3
10-03-2010, 09:46 PM
EOD3, if you only knew my wife. She is the most organized person I know. In fact if there were a department of oganization , she could be the boss of it. She is constantly asking me, when are you going to get rid of all those boxes. As a matter of fact, she only goes into my shed as far as the little stool close to the door. When it comes to moving households , she is a master at packing a moving van. While I on the other hand tend to follow the old family motto, [When In Question, When In Doubt Run In circles, Scream And Shout.]

If I hadn't grown so accustomed to mine, I'd be in the market for a swap. :bigsmyl2:

GOPHER SLAYER
10-03-2010, 10:47 PM
My wife is a jewel beyond price. Not only is she a great house keeper. She is a great cook Saterday was my birthday and she made me an apple pie that is to die for. The crust is flaky and fully cooked. It was made with apples we just harvested from our tree. She even put pecans and cinamon in it. I told her she could win the blue ribbon at the county fair with that pie. She cut me a large piece and put vanilla ice cream on it. Indescribably delicious. I like pies better than cake. She works just as hard out side as in the house. A man should try to marry a farm girl. And to think I met her on a blind date. God was smilling on me that day.

Buckshot
10-04-2010, 12:21 AM
...............Holy smoke! If I didn't recognize that multi-drawer wodden cabinet (it's where he hoards all the long and short Lyman 48's, Redfield Olympics, etc) I'd say he took those pics in someone else's shop! Sheesh dude, I didn't even know the place came fully equiped with a FLOOR! Looks like Melva has been cracking the whip to keep that bum off the couch. I can hear it now, "Yes dear, right away dear, yes mam 3 bags full!":kidding:

...............Buckshot

EOD3
10-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Buckshot has the right of it! When I married lo these many years ago (36+) I wore the pants in the family!!! I still wear the pants around here and I put them on every morning before I get busy on my "honey do" list. :cry: :bigsmyl2: