PDA

View Full Version : Midsouth ?????

leadhead
09-17-2006, 09:57 PM
Hi guys,
Does anyone know if Midsouth gives a discount to C&R holders?
Thanks,
Denny

alamogunr
09-17-2006, 10:20 PM
YES! Send them a copy of your license and a letter requesting a dealer catalog. The monthly specials aren't very good since they are mostly aimed at regular customers and the discount from dealer prices is as little as .50, sometimes less. Just removes the urgency of taking advantage of sale prices before end of month.
John

44man
09-18-2006, 01:11 AM
Most of their prices are now higher then Midway

Rick N Bama
09-18-2006, 05:55 AM
About 2 years ago Midsouth informed me that the only way to get dealer pricing was to send them a copy of my business license. I do get dealer pricing from Midway with my C&R FFL.

Rick

alamogunr
09-18-2006, 08:15 AM
I apologize!! I read the original post as "Midway" Sorry.

John

C1PNR
09-19-2006, 07:04 PM
Yeah, I don't think Midsouth gives us any break. But you still have to comparison shop as every now and then I find something on MS to be cheaper than Midway, even with the Midway dealer discount.

alamogunr
09-19-2006, 10:02 PM
I hardly ever think of Midsouth. As a Tennessee resident, I have to pay sales tax. That adds almost 10% to the bill. Same with Widner's. They have some good stuff but the extra for sales tax wipes out any advantage for us TN citizens. So, Midway, Grafs and others out of state have an advantage for me.
John

Beau Cassidy
09-20-2006, 10:44 AM
10-4 on ordering from in-state when living in TN. I usually use Grafs. When buying powder, I usually go to Widener's as they are only about 20 or 30 minutes away even though they are a little higher. 9.5% tax is a killer, though. I am thinking about ordering a bunch of shot and powder from Gamalli (is that the name of the place?) in Kentucky in order to get a good price and save on shipping and taxes. They periodically make the rounds at the local gun clubs delivering shot and powder to those. It is only going to take one turkey to try to take some powder and primers on a plane before we as a whole are going to be paying a price....

Beau

Ricochet
09-20-2006, 02:39 PM
Ditto on the Tennessee resident blues. I still order stuff from Midsouth and Wideners now and then, though. I used to go to Wideners fairly often since it's right down the road, but haven't been in a while.