PDA

View Full Version : Tula Primers

Markbo
09-30-2010, 11:27 AM
Never heard of them before and now they seem to be available all over the place. Anyone have any experience with them?

x101airborne
09-30-2010, 12:54 PM
never heard of them...... where can i find them to research?

Mal Paso
09-30-2010, 01:25 PM
Tula is the same as Wolf. Lots of posts. Search Post Titles for Tula.

sirgknight
09-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Powder Valley has them listed in their primer list now. I called them and they told me that they are made at the Wolf primer plant and are wolf primers, just a different label.

GabbyM
09-30-2010, 02:38 PM
right now you can find any brand of primers you'd like. Prices have come down but then again they never went up much on the wholesale level. Good time to stock up is what this is. Now that we are sort of between battles in the never ending war. Of course I bought a bunch when prices were high.

Some Wolf is made at a Tula plant. Tula is sort of the Russian government arsenal as Lake City is to us. Wolf is a retail brand name that has no autonomous production. Some Wolf primers are from Eastern European nations. Although we have plenty of know it alls that will argue that.

What the emergence of the Tula brand appears to be is response to Wolf raising there markup during the primer high demand. I've no inside info but can see when Tula hits a large vendor that has Wolf listed right next to it and the Wolf is priced higher there is a price point competition going on.

finishman2000
09-30-2010, 04:18 PM
I just ordered 10k small pistol at 16.99 and 5k sr, 5k lp for 17.99/k figure i'll vac pack them and put them away for a rainy day or another obama scare. which ever comes first.

home in oz
09-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Gotta buy more

Freightman
09-30-2010, 06:03 PM
I have been using Wolf for two years, they work fine for me never had a misfire in pistol or rifle.

emorris
11-13-2010, 09:16 PM
I was running really low on primers (only 500 sp left and 300 LR and 150 SR) so I decided to give the tula primers a try since they were 20 per 1000 at powder valley for SP. I compared them to cci 500 in 9mm using berrys 115 and titegroup. The average velocity was almost the same between cci and tula. I have not had any failures yet, but I have only shot a couple hundred. The small rifle primers seem ok but I have not shot many of them yet. I did not get the large rifles since I have had good luck with winchesters and powder valley had them. I did notice that the primer cratered a small bit in 9mm with even low powder charges so I am thinking that they may be softer than the cci500 and wsp primers. I played with federal primers some time ago and I think that they were similar as to what the tulas look. I measured the case and no signs of over pressure.

MtGun44
11-13-2010, 09:25 PM
Are you talking about boxer or berdan primers?

The berdan primers have been very weak. I konw of at least two users that put thim in
Swiss GP11 berdan brass and got zero ignition. Increasing the flash hole size up to 0.067
got normal ignition.

Bill

RobS
11-13-2010, 11:32 PM
Murom Apparatus Producing Plant is the place where both Wolf and Tula primers are manufactured. Wolf simply takes them and packages them with their companies Logo etc. and Tula, the same.

http://www.flame.murom.ru/en/default.htm

mike in co
11-14-2010, 02:22 AM
Powder Valley has them listed in their primer list now. I called them and they told me that they are made at the Wolf primer plant and are wolf primers, just a different label.

they are NOT wolf pimers, they are the same as wolf in most cases.

wolf marketed primers built in muron russia.
now tula is marketing the same primers from the muron factory.
and it would appear wolf is no longer marketing the muron primers........

tula is marketing a sr primer, but the box says(outer packaging, not the consumer box) says 223...do not know if this is the sam as wolf's 223 primer...as wolf sold sr, srm and sr223.

mike in co

mike in co
11-14-2010, 02:31 AM
right now you can find any brand of primers you'd like. Prices have come down but then again they never went up much on the wholesale level. Good time to stock up is what this is. Now that we are sort of between battles in the never ending war. Of course I bought a bunch when prices were high.

Some Wolf is made at a Tula plant. Tula is sort of the Russian government arsenal as Lake City is to us. Wolf is a retail brand name that has no autonomous production. Some Wolf primers are from Eastern European nations. Although we have plenty of know it alls that will argue that.

What the emergence of the Tula brand appears to be is response to Wolf raising there markup during the primer high demand. I've no inside info but can see when Tula hits a large vendor that has Wolf listed right next to it and the Wolf is priced higher there is a price point competition going on.

never went up much on the wholsale level...what are you smoking ??

no they did not go up to 50 or 60/k...but they did almost double.
what wolf primers are made at the tula plant ??( this is a discussion on primers)
all wolf retail rifle /pistol primers come from one factory in russia...the muron plant.
and as far as pricing goes TULA RAISED the price of large rifle primer above that at which wolf had sold thiers.

my opinion is that there will be no competition...tula has the marketing rights, wolf is out.

the recent history of these primers is:originally PMC, then wolf, now tula

mike in co

GabbyM
11-14-2010, 12:11 PM
Mike you drug that post out form six weeks back. At the time Tula primers had just hit the U.S. market. The tone of your post is once again offensive and belligerent. Seams you have a habit of staying up after midnight and trash talking on the internet. Perhaps you don’t mean to come across as offensive but I’ve taken offense at the smoking statement.

As for primer prices. Since I posted that in September I’ve bought CCI primers for $18 retail. After looking at current price listings it would appear some raise has soaked in on American made primers but catalogues online still have Tula and Wolf for $18.50. But then the Fed has printed hundreds of billions of dollars buying back our own debt since November 2nd. Everything is going up. FAST.

mike in co
11-14-2010, 12:48 PM
Mike you drug that post out form six weeks back. At the time Tula primers had just hit the U.S. market. The tone of your post is once again offensive and belligerent. Seams you have a habit of staying up after midnight and trash talking on the internet. Perhaps you don’t mean to come across as offensive but I’ve taken offense at the smoking statement.

As for primer prices. Since I posted that in September I’ve bought CCI primers for $18 retail. After looking at current price listings it would appear some raise has soaked in on American made primers but catalogues online still have Tula and Wolf for $18.50. But then the Fed has printed hundreds of billions of dollars buying back our own debt since November 2nd. Everything is going up. FAST.

facts are not trash talk....

if you continue to post opinions instead of facts, you can expect me to point them out....
i noticed you did not back up your opinions.......with facts....

so if you cannot stand the heat...get out of the kitchen...

mike in co

GabbyM
11-14-2010, 03:25 PM
facts are not trash talk....

if you continue to post opinions instead of facts, you can expect me to point them out....
i noticed you did not back up your opinions.......with facts....

so if you cannot stand the heat...get out of the kitchen...

mike in co

I figure 99.9% of readers here can read then decide for themselves.

As for standing the heat. There is nothing anyone like yourself can do to make be feel the least bit warm.

45nut
11-14-2010, 03:31 PM
if you cannot stand the heat...get out of the kitchen..

I too feel this is the WRONG approach. There is zero need for "heated" discussions and "heated" replies on this thread or any thread here.